Muck Brand Chore Boots

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Comfortable, warm, feet are so worth it. Last pair of cheap rubber boots rubbed my skin raw and my feet were always too cold in winter.

I only wear wool socks so I'm comfortable year round wearing neoprene boots. Wool thermoregulates and wicks. Hubby hasn't had smelly, sweaty feet since we switched to wool years ago.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The cheap rubber ones chaffed my legs. These Muck brand boots are lined on the inside with nice padding of some kind. I usually wear ankle socks.
IMG_20220308_091103481.jpg

IMG_20220308_091053840.jpg

Another thing I noticed and really like is the tread. I can step in muck and mire and if it sticks to the bottom of the boot. I can kick something solid, like farm truck tires and it falls off the tread pretty easily.

Looks like duck poop stuck a little but duck poop is sticky stuff 🤣 Caution... These are not at all good for walking on ice, but not much is without cleats.
IMG_20220308_092659371.jpg

I have to say I believe these boots were designed by someone who actually does chores around the farm. They seemed to designed into the boots what you need to do chores and not have to think about what's on your feet while you're working.

Do I like them? Absolutely I do! Best investment I've made in a long time.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Guess I am an old fashioned I just wear my cowboy boots year round , in the rain , snow , mud , and animal poop .

Guess I am an old fashioned I just wear my cowboy boots year round , in the rain , snow , mud , and animal poop .
Did that also for long time... But mine are biker boots, same thing basicly just a different style. I've had these boots since 1979, yep that's right... 1979, excellent quality made in USA. They need a good cleaning, polish and coat of mink oil, so all the dogs follow me around. These have been resoled 3 times. The last time I went ahead and did the inners also. They need new heals again, so they are out of commission for the time being. I was thinking about making up some walnut heels for them and have the cobbler glue them on when he does the heels. I think wood heels would be a nice touch, since I like to woodwork.

I will say though, no boot is more comfortable or fits my feet better than these. They have had 40 plus years to shrink around my feet. They are cold in the winter and no steel toes, but I had top of the line outer soles put on last resoling, so they have great traction. But man or are they difficult to get off, my wife has to help me 😂

These are now my "dress boots" to where out for fancy gatherings.
IMG_20220308_113204246.jpg

IMG_20220308_113223740.jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The cheap rubber ones chaffed my legs. These Muck brand boots are lined on the inside with nice padding of some kind. I usually wear ankle socks.
View attachment 18410
View attachment 18412

Another thing I noticed and really like is the tread. I can step in muck and mire and if it sticks to the bottom of the boot. I can kick something solid, like farm truck tires and it falls off the tread pretty easily.

Looks like duck poop stuck a little but duck poop is sticky stuff 🤣 Caution... These are not at all good for walking on ice, but not much is without cleats.
View attachment 18413

I have to say I believe these boots were designed by someone who actually does chores around the farm. They seemed to designed into the boots what you need to do chores and not have to think about what's on your feet while you're working.

Do I like them? Absolutely I do! Best investment I've made in a long time.

Muck boots come with different kinds of treads.

I have the ice tread. And the ice tread is excellent.

I have boots with studs, but those need warm ice for the studs to bite into.

The ice treads on the muck boot do great.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry i'm showing my again. shame Otis died in 1967 in a plane crash. Such a fantastic talent. One has to wonder what other gifts he might have gave us to enjoy 53 years later.

There was a boy that I liked as a young girl... can't even remember his name... but he liked this song and it has stuck with me ever since....

Latest posts