Mushroom Hunting....???

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So today I went mushroom hunting the first time ever! My son and I found about 30 Morels....
99_morel.jpg

Then....I saw these black ones...not sure what they are...but they were pretty!!
99_blackfungi.jpg

And last but not least...we found these. They are really Orangish/redish....just not sure what they are...Anyone know??
99_orangefungi.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't have a clue, but what do you shoot the shrooms with? Shotgun, rifle, bow? :hide

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

(If you don't know what they are, be careful! Wash your hands if you haven't already.)

Chanterelles grow on my property, but only in the fall. I love free food!

Morels YUM! Yea for you guys! What are you going to make?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, we kept the red ones seperate from the Morels. I think we will just batter them and fry them...I have never had them!
Deb....you have to have a tiny little net gun...you know, like they use to catch wild birds....aim...shoot....gottem!! :lol:

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just cook the morels up like you would any good piece of meat. I'm so jealous

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Yeah, we kept the red ones seperate from the Morels. I think we will just batter them and fry them...I have never had them!
Deb....you have to have a tiny little net gun...you know, like they use to catch wild birds....aim...shoot....gottem!! :lol:
Oh cool! Where can I get one, and where can I find some sucker to try it out? (Kind of like snipe hunting.)