musquitoes and musquito bites

SunshineAfterTheRain

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I use apple cider vinegar on ours. Its stings a bit but really helps with the itch. I recently covered the yard with Mosquito Beater and haven't seen a mosquito outside since! It's all natural and made from essential oils. You could probably make a homemade version of it too.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
emilosevich said:
. . . Okra what kind of disinfectant are you talking about?
Me too.

I went on a hunting trip one time with a guide in Panama. The mosquitoes in the bush were fierce!!! It was absolutely unbelievable! I do believe they could have picked us up and carried us away. I got about 10 bites running from the plane to the van and I DON'T GET MOSQUITO BITES. The guides down there use plain old PineSol cleaner straight out of the bottle. They rub it on their skin, their clothing, hats, socks, everything. If you can possibly handle the smell and the harshness on your skin - it seems to work well. The smell gags me but after a while I got used to it. Something else that I noticed about the use of PineSol like that was that I lost almost all of my appetite during that time. I do not have a weight problem but I lost 11 lb. on a 4 day hunt. It was very hot every day and I hardly ate a thing.

Latest posts