My dog ate a squeaker toy... :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better:

The other day, I had Stormy and Misty out in the parking area while I scooped poop in the field. I left the door to my tack shed wide opened. At one point in time, I looked up, and there was Stormy, half in and half out of my tack shed. I chased him out. He picked up a battery I had sitting on the cot and bit it in half! But, since he didn't like the taste of it, he spit it back out, so at least I got lucky that way. I now put something in front of the door when he's out.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'd just keep an eye on the dog. It could pass, or it could be a problem. It probably depends on how small it was when the dog swallowed it. I've seen dogs need surgery for swallowing rocks and other dumb things, but indestructible toys have been the most common thing I have seen besides rocks. A friend of mine just paid 1200 dollars to save her dog who ate a rock.

If the dog starts looking "off", not eating or having trouble having bowel movements I'd get him right in there. Since today is Friday, I'd find out who is open over the weekend just in case he starts to have a problem. They can take an x-ray and usually see things like toys in there. If your vet is open Saturday and is is at all "off" tomorrow morning, I would take him right in so they can start making a plan. Usually the timing of those surgeries isn't too critical unless you let it go too long.

I think the chances are really good that the squeekie will pass, considering the size of the dog.

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our mini-doxie has gotten in trouble eating lots of things she shouldn't. (rocks, tennis balls, fiber filling of teddy bear) The vet suggested we feed her canned pumpkin. (not pie filling...plain canned pumpkin)

Results were quick!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Thanks for asking, he is fine now. :) Never saw anything in his poop....I'm sure it passed by now though. :p
YAY!!! :weee The giant breeds are prone to bloat and "twisted gut" as I'm sure you know. My English Mastiff's sister died from this after eating a rawhide bone :hit
I have a Saint too, so I was really worried....they are such a wonderful breed. Except my boy was bad yesterday. He has taken to digging under a fenced area where I keep him temporarily while my chickens are out in "our" part of the property. We just finished harvesting some wood for winter, so I stuck some 3 ft by oh, about 12 inch diameter logs under the fence vertically to keep him in. He pulled them out with his mouth :ep He was bleeding but he could've cared less...happily trotted over to chase some chickens :barnie

sweelmeister1221

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I just had to share this in case it helps someone out. I wish I had gotten this advice years ago.

Training your dog really is the only long-term solution, people.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue.

Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training 4 Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of. I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to their site. Good luck! :)

Latest posts