my dream vehicles

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It cost $40 to fill up today...that was at $1.59 a gallon. I like to go to Giant Eagle Getgo like once a month and use my points. I have .41 off a gallon right now and my MIL gave us a $30 gift card for Christmas so that should get us a free tank of gas. I just used .30 off a gallon a couple of weeks ago and our realtor gave us a $25 gift card so it was only $8 out of pocket to fill up. But, when gas was over $4 a gallon it cost $114 to fill up!! I will NEVER forget that!! I do not run all over town for the most part...mostly because it is not my idea of fun to drag 5 kids while I am pg threw a million stores!
I think I get 14-18 mpg. I feel so much safer and secure in such a big vehicle too! We used to have a 7 passanger Chevy Venture before this and with two carseats and three boys...one as big as me and one as big as DH... they were just squashed in it!! There is no way would have had room for the baby in it that is on the way! I don't find it hard to drive at all. I just had a couple of weeks of getting used to it. DH made fun of me because it was going to be MY van and I would not even test drive it when we bought it. We drove two hours away to buy it and I wanted to be at home on my own turf before I drove. Now, I drive it everywhere...well except for on Black Friday while pg because I am not parking a million miles away to get a spot the van can fit in and then walking so I made my mom drive!

makerofstuff

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I wish I had a pick em up truck with fifth wheel... then it wouldn't be much of an issue. Barring major earth movement that is. Of course then you need to be sure you have fuel in the fifthwheel that will get you where you need to go.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a small pick-up as efficent as a hybred Toyota Prius, that would be ideal for my needs.No offense to you Hummer lovers, but i wouldn't take one of those if it were given to me. Can you imagine how much gas prices would rise if everyone drove a Hummer..?
If you need alot of room for kids, etc..isn't it more sensible to drive a mini van or regular size van that gets much better milage than a Hummer...?
I admit it, i have a big dislike for Hummers...lol Their so piggy, fuel and parking space wise..

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. That behemoth has absolutely no business being driven as a street vehicle. :barnie You hummer lovers can go ahead and bash us now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am a hummer lover.
Here is your bashing! TAKE THAT! :smack

I feel better now! :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DuppyDo said:
I wish someone would make a small pick-up as efficent as a hybred Toyota Prius, that would be ideal for my needs.No offense to you Hummer lovers, but i wouldn't take one of those if it were given to me. Can you imagine how much gas prices would rise if everyone drove a Hummer..?
If you need alot of room for kids, etc..isn't it more sensible to drive a mini van or regular size van that gets much better milage than a Hummer...?
I admit it, i have a big dislike for Hummers...lol Their so piggy, fuel and parking space wise..
HAHA!! Mini van!!! :lol: My family does not fit in a mini van!!!! :gig

The second picture is my behemoth!!
http://pamspride.blogspot.com/2008/09/dhs-new-car.html

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I already have my dream vehicle~I love my Mazda MPV Sport, but I would like to replace the lopsided parts that resulted from a deer kiss! :p

Other than that, I wouldn't mind if it got 100 miles to the gallon~can we dream that part into it?

But....that was just a dream, that was just a dream..that's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, losin' my religion..... <singing>

Oops! Singing song lyrics is dacs job! :hide