My fence project

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I dunno if the pool will be in this summer or not. I still need to complete(REALLY NEED TO COMPLETE!) the greenhouse project next.

Women inventing jobs for their husbands is a sh!tty job, but it keeps us guys out of trouble. Or so they say..... :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
OK......it is official.....my arms are going to fall off now. :th

The fence is now 99% finished!!! I still have to fabricate the latch assembly, then screw the last few boards to the gate, but for the most part, IT IS DONE!!! :celebrate

386931798.jpg

386931803.jpg

386931799.jpg

386931801.jpg

After the gate is completed, I can get the landscaping squared around inside and outside the new fence. Everything SHOULD be done tomorrow, if my customers don't break anything.

Scratch one off the "Honey Do" list!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lookin good!! :thumbsup

Now about that chicken pen you have there? PVC? How did you attach the wire/ netting? Can you post a couple pics?

gina

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Lookin good!! :thumbsup

Now about that chicken pen you have there? PVC? How did you attach the wire/ netting? Can you post a couple pics?

gina
:gig Your not gonna believe me when I tell you how I threw that together. I had a bunch of old schedule 40 pipe pieces laying around, so I bought some 90 degree, three way fittings from http://www.usplastic.com/ and just built it from there. It is 4ft wide, about 8ft long or so and about 4.5-5 ft tall. I fastened the chicken wire to the frame with nylon zip ties. LOTS of nylon zip ties. :gig I hold it to the chicken tractor with bungee cords. :gig It is very light weight, and comes off the tractor very easily when I move it from spot to spot. I'll see if I can get you a couple more pictures, but I warn you it is a crude thing. :gig

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I believe you!! I built one also once. My problem was I made it 2 ft high and very wide and long. I wanted something low to the ground that I could wheel around my orchard. Problem was the middle sagged. Not enough support. I imagine something a bit more "square" would have done better.

Zip ties are your friend. I say that all the time. My current run has a shade cloth over the top. The zip ties made it perfect!!

gina

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That looks great, SKR8PN!:clap

My DH put up a fence a couple of years ago. Looked GREAT, kept the dogs from getting into trouble, etc. Then the neighbohood covenant nazis decided he needed to turn the dang thing around so the faceboards are on the outside. :he Hahaha...he doesn't even get handed a honeydo list by his wife to have big projects invented for him!