My Latest Cheap Meal

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:plbb

I would really like to know if the carrot thing works, Dace. If so, you could chop a bunch up and freeze them in flattened ziplocs, so you could add a chunk. They are nice and sweet and add a lot to the shake, but would wear out a normal blender in a hurry. I wonder if cooked carrots would taste as good. There is something "new-mown lawn" about these shakes that makes every cell in my body say THANK YOU!

Yup, baby poo green, the is why I don't use a clear glass when I drink it....unless I am going somewhere and I want to raise eyebrows. I took some in a clear bottle to a faculty meeting....it was called "swamp water," which works for me!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I just had one this morning after this post...I realized that I had just bought a bunch of fresh spinach....yum.

Free, I will try adding some grated carrot. I would think that if your froze the grated carrot in small little chunks it would not be so hard on the blender. Plus you could pull a few chunks out of the freezer before you take your shower, feed animals...whatever your morning routine is and let it defrost a bit. I figure that if my blender can handle ice, it can handle just about anything!

WriterofWords

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I used cooked carrots one time, they were bland compared to fresh. I grate them by hand before adding them and do a ton at once, that way they are easy and on hand and don't destroy my blender.