FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're feeling better!!!

:fl for a speedy recovery

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW that was quite the ordeal.......I hear ya about saying "your chest hurts" they immediately worry about a heart attack of some sort.

acute....good thing you went....80% better already!!!! You go girl.

nothing worse than not breathing well.......happy to hear you are on the mend. Just think, as soon as you feel better you can catch up on all the housework :lol: and other chores :lol: I know when I feel bad I just shut down and then have days and days of catching up to do :lol:

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
WOW that was quite the ordeal.......I hear ya about saying "your chest hurts" they immediately worry about a heart attack of some sort.
FWIW, rumor has it "my chest hurts" gets you to the head of the line in a crowded ER...not suggesting you do that if it isn't true, of course...just sayin'. :/

Anyway, glad you're home & getting better! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea---"my chest hurts" does get you at the head of the line.

while at my reg. Dr. many years ago an older man came in and I was just going into my room to see the Dr. about my darn ankle I hurt bad. He came to the reception desk and said, my chest hurts, holding his hand over his chest....OMG you should have seen them jump into action. She had him hooked up to an EKG within a minute and 911 call immediately on the way. WOW it was scary wild. Ambulance took him fast to the hospital.

Medical problems scare me. Man I feel for those having all the bad illness. something I haven't had to deal with and hope not too :)

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
While my son was in the lobby of the ER trying to call his dad, a woman walked in and passed out into a row of chairs. She also went to the front of the line. The guy with his poor knee flipped backwards was still waiting. :(

yea. that house work gets to pile up for a while. :(

I was so angry at the over reaction and how much it was all going to cost...until I woke up this morning and realized how much better I felt. If I had not gone it would have been much worse and much more dangerous.

you all were right. You won't hear that from the family, so enjoy the glow now. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL but the family wasn't breathing like Darth Vader! :)

yea feeling WELL is priceless!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
The EKG may not have been a total waste either. If you don't get enough oxygen to the heart- it can cause a heart attack. At least that's ruled out. Hope you feel better soon.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
The EKG may not have been a total waste either. If you don't get enough oxygen to the heart- it can cause a heart attack. At least that's ruled out. Hope you feel better soon.
I agree and was just going to say the same thing.

Also............what if they had been RIGHT and it was your chest and not your lungs. Pain in those areas can be difficult to discern the difference between. They were RIGHT to get you help ASAP.

We are all so happy you are feeling better! NEVER feel guilty about spending money on staying healthy and alive. That is the most important thing.