my lungs don't feel well.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
dragonlaurel said:
The EKG may not have been a total waste either. If you don't get enough oxygen to the heart- it can cause a heart attack. At least that's ruled out. Hope you feel better soon.
I agree and was just going to say the same thing.

Also............what if they had been RIGHT and it was your chest and not your lungs. Pain in those areas can be difficult to discern the difference between. They were RIGHT to get you help ASAP.

We are all so happy you are feeling better! NEVER feel guilty about spending money on staying healthy and alive. That is the most important thing.
:thumbsup

So glad you went in!

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know. It is the 'Mom last' mentality.
The more I have mulled this over, the more I can't believe I did not have my husband drive me to the doctor's that very morning, or woken him up that night and had him do something.
I have this innate and faulty mind set that 'I care for them, it is not my place to be cared for'...bad mind set.
Lesson learned.
Thank you all for being there when I needed help. I listened to you.
I get points for that, right?
...and I got to reimburse those points for breathing!
see how all that worked out? :D
I am glad I had this place to turn to.
:hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ah heck Reuse-It

I do the same darn thing. I wait til the last minute ON EVERYthing I do in life haha

nah, I hear ya. But the one thing I never wait on is chest. If I cant't breathe or heading down that path, I go and get the meds to stop that fast lol so many things you can "live thru" like we all do, but that darn breathing, well, ya know, we kinda need it :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Another way to go to the front of the line is to come in and say, I got stung by a bee, and I'm allergic. I was treated once b4 they had me sign a release!

Glad you're feeling better.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As I sit here in my hospital bed....IV....Oxygen....and in pain....I want to say, I am SO GLAD you didn't wait.
Mine started Monday, however, it was only body aches, like the flu. No breathing issues, no fever....just aches. Ibuprofen and rest right? So, Tuesday, same thing...same aches...same "remedy" Tuesday evening, I woke to fever of 103, and GASPING for air. This was about 6 or pm. I waited till 10 pm to call hubby at work. By the time he gets home to take me to the hospital...It was almost 11:30 pm. The doctor said, I was so bad..that had I waited much longer( minutes) to come in....they would have had to int-abate. So, GO QUICKLY. This pneumonia thats moving through is tough!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry you're doing poorly, justusnak...at least they let you have your laptop in the hospital. ;)

Just to add to the pneumonia horror stories...I ended up in the ER with it too, several years ago. Same story - no insurance, waited until I was bad off...they wanted to keep me overnight, but I was honest with them ("I have no insurance, ya'll may never get paid, you sure you want to keep me?") & they let me go home. I did get the IV antibiotics & breathing treatments & felt 90% better the next day. It took me 3 years to pay off the ER bill...but what ya gonna do? :/

Nope, you don't play with pneumonia.

edited for spelling

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Reuse-it said:
I know. It is the 'Mom last' mentality.
The more I have mulled this over, the more I can't believe I did not have my husband drive me to the doctor's that very morning, or woken him up that night and had him do something.
I have this innate and faulty mind set that 'I care for them, it is not my place to be cared for'...bad mind set.
Lesson learned.
Thank you all for being there when I needed help. I listened to you.
I get points for that, right?
...and I got to reimburse those points for breathing!
see how all that worked out? :D
I am glad I had this place to turn to.

I have learned that "Mom last" mindset is catastrophic. I got over it slowly by repeating this:

"If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take care of anyone else."

And I'm enjoying a QUIET Saturday home alone. :) My fiance took my (needy) son to an auction and let me sleep late.

:love

For a couple minutes today, love yourself as much as your family loves you. Practice it and it will start being easier.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Like they say on the airlines:
Put your own mask on before helping others.

If you collapse, you can't take care of anyone else.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
I would have thought going to the hospital would be a no-brainer myself, especially if I was breathing like Darth Vader. Internal pain is tough, because the nerve centers are not as concentrated there, and pain in one place translates as "pain all over", which makes diagnoses hard.

Glad that you are on the mend!
True Neko,

When my daughter had pneumonia, she was also throwing up. Her surgeon says that often happens when someone has a bad case of pneumonia b/c the pain is sorta misguided in there.