My mom's Salvation Army find

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just remember..... Christmas is close at hand and these thrift stores hold a lot of potential for Christmas shopping. Who says a gift has to be new?? :) (except for undies like miss puff said)

I am ready for some shopping at some thrift stores NOW!!! but I don't have any money :(

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
I Scored Today!!! :ya :ya :ya

A 22 quart, one year old pressure canner for $30 :woot

I have had a pressure canner at the top of my want list, and there it was at a garage sale this morning. I spoke with the lady, she said she bought it last year because her Mom always canned stuff. She made one batch or raspberry jam (in a pressure canner???) and didn't tighten the rims and had wattery jam! So she was very happy to get rid of it! I just smiled politely and paid her and scrammed!

Happy dance, happy dance :bun :bun :bun

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
YOU DID SCORE!

TOUCHDOWN!

Isn't a great feeling to know you saved and have something to use and save further money down the line! GOOD DEAL

Now I want to score? I am jealous LOL-LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I know! It's all I can do not to hop in the car and run over to SA right now thinking it's my turn already!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know what you mean H23
it is like if she found it, I need to check mine..probably a waste of gas for me..HA HA

Seahound

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love to thrift shop also. One time I found these amazing name brand jeans in my size. I went to try them on and put my hands in the pockets to stretch them and found 2 20 dollar bills folded up !!!

Needless to say I bought those jeans !

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Seahound said:
I love to thrift shop also. One time I found these amazing name brand jeans in my size. I went to try them on and put my hands in the pockets to stretch them and found 2 20 dollar bills folded up !!!

I would have bought those jeans, too! Great FIND!

Sooo jealous over the pressure canner find, Zenbirder!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Seahound said:

Yeah, I would have bought them even if they didn't fit!!:lol: