My Obsession

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but I have an ongoing obsession with roasted cauliflower. I crave it daily. I think it is a great replacement for carby side dishes if you are avoiding those, and maybe that is why I love it so!

Preheat the over to 450 degrees.
Chop up some cauliflower into fairly uniform pieces, toss in a bowl with a good drizzle of EVOO, sea salt, herbs (I have a rosemary garlic blend in a grinder that I love) pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Roast until nicely browned, turning several times while cooking....it takes about 15 -20 mins.

Yum yum yummmmmmmmy!

Anyone else have a veggie obsession?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I do have and good home grown tomatoes are my fancy. I can be walking near the garden and get a hankering for one, and there I go. Come in the house, rise, cut and if I am in the mood, big ole dollipe of Hellmans Mayo.

If I feel the need for a green fried one, I will pick 3-4 cause they are a big hit around here.

I also am a sucker for any berries that I might pass by. I have been known to pick a couple berries early in the season and get a pucker mouth!! :tongue

ETA Spelling

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm another vote for tomatoes fresh from the garden. My mom grew hot house hydroponic tomatoes for grocery stores when I was a kid, we had a 400x40 foot greenhouse behind the house and had tomatoes year round... I used to sit in the greenhouse with a salt shaker and eat them like apples. :) I still do that with our garden tomatoes.

I made cauliflower 'popcorn' after I watched 'My Big Fat Diet' and it was YUMMY... I don't even like cauliflower that much, but I loved that.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Broccoli. I eat it almost every single day. I crave the heck out of some broc.

Ohhh and tomatoes. Raw, sliced with just salt and pepper!
Or in a soup!
I make a huge vat of a tomato-based veg-n-oxtail soup at least once a month, and spend the next week slurping soup for every meal.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Fresh tommy-toes, ANY color, right out of the garden, with a dash of salt.
I eat them like an apple. :D

Onions AND garlic, the same way!

Fresh cukes, peeled and quartered, add salt and EAT. :D

Radishes, right out of the dirt. Add salt and EAT. :D

ANY berry( and I do mean ANY) that is ripe and still on the vine, is in danger of being eaten raw. Period, end of subject. :cool:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
broccoli. i'm all about roasted broccoli..... cant get enough.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Dang you people are making me hungry!!

Tomatoes fresh from the garden HELL YEAH!.....add a little drizzle of good olive oil, some coarse sea salt....and if I am making a meal out of it, add some chevre! :drool Dang I can't wait for warmer weather, although I have to settle for farmers markets maters unless I do some in pots.

Broccoli....not a fan. I do put it in my smoothie so that I get some daily but I am not a fan. Sometimes I will roast some up with my cauliflower though.

hwillm...I was never a huge cauliflower person, I mean it is ok, but roasted!? Watch out!

Occam... you are gonna post that oxtail soup recipe right?

SKR8PN...Onions and garlic out of the garden with salt? mmm...sounds like some serious bad breath to me :lol:

Wildsky...I love curry but have never tried that combo, guess I have to now!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Dace said:
SKR8PN...Onions and garlic out of the garden with salt? mmm...sounds like some serious bad breath to me :lol:
Not so much........but ya REALLY gotta watch out for the FARTS! :gig

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I think, as far as veggies go, I like pretty much everything put in a tin foil package--m st include onions red peppers, broc, cauliflower, carrot, garlic, but can include other veggies, drizzled with EVOO, and some seasonings and barbecue. Must have crunchy bits on them. My sil makes a great green bean casserole.

I also eat onion and garlic raw with salt. Every one here thinks I am nuts, so I am glad I'm not the only one who does it.