My quail are now self sufficient

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I had a coturnix quail hen go broody. This is a type of quail not known to set a nest. I strongly doubted she would stick it out, but guess what I saw this morning???

2 tiny little fluff balls under mom :D

She still has a pile of eggs so I am trying not to bother her too much in case we get more to hatch.

I will try and get photos later today.

Not sure what it is about my backyard, but give me a breed that isn't supposed to go broody and they will be popping out chicks like crazy! Remember earlier this Spring when my psycho Indian Runner duck hatched out 10 ducklings???

Baby quail are so stinking cute!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! I just put George Jr #1 in the fridge to cool. George Jr #2 is getting plucked, and George Jr #3 is waiting his turn....

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
That is so cool! I can't wait for the photos. However, if for some reason we ever visit you, please remind me to keep my wife out of your backyard!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
That is so cool! I can't wait for the photos. However, if for some reason we ever visit you, please remind me to keep my wife out of your backyard!
:yuckyuck

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I had a coturnix quail hen go broody. This is a type of quail not known to set a nest. I strongly doubted she would stick it out, but guess what I saw this morning???

2 tiny little fluff balls under mom :D

She still has a pile of eggs so I am trying not to bother her too much in case we get more to hatch.

I will try and get photos later today.

Not sure what it is about my backyard, but give me a breed that isn't supposed to go broody and they will be popping out chicks like crazy! Remember earlier this Spring when my psycho Indian Runner duck hatched out 10 ducklings???

Baby quail are so stinking cute!!!
That is awesome WZ!

Latest posts