My SS photos - Heaps so don't look if Dial up!!!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
can you get a few more pics and describe how you made the worm bed to us, i want to make one and yours seems to be just what the doctor ordered. please :D

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Critters? You mean like rats and possums and mice?

The only critter that's got in there so far is the dog, but I dig the food in deep and have some fencing around it, so far so good haven't noticed any critters :), I love that term!

Firem3 I just went to Bunnings to buy my worms here's the web page on them I would think there should be something simular up your way.

http://www.reln.com.au/canoworms-p-9.html

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would love to have one of you water tanks along side the barn they would make watering the garden so much easier

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Your chickens (chooks!) are gorgeous! I love to travel, and I've always wanted to get down under. When I was little, the Australian guy who worked with my mom owned a sailboat. He sailed back. Do you live near water? Anyway, :thumbsup

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW!!! They are some serious water tanks. Makes my 250 gal. tanks look like dixie cups. Are they 1000 gal. each?

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hennyp am about 1 hour from Geelong that is by the sea other wise no not really near water and out main lake has dried up! :( t's more by the bush here.

The water tanks are 7,000 litres and 5,000 litres not sure what that is in gallons though :/.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
Critters? You mean like rats and possums and mice?

The only critter that's got in there so far is the dog, but I dig the food in deep and have some fencing around it, so far so good haven't noticed any critters :), I love that term!
Yeah, rats, possums, coons...anything that could be looking for food! In my last house I had rats come in to check out my compost pile and one found my garden and wrecked havoc in it. Now that I have chickens I am afraid to tempt in any critter that would be interested in them.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LC your Boys are adorable :love uuhmm Tell them I said Handsome! ;)

I love your Chooks they are pretty.
And your patio is great, I love the BBQ area and the pergola very nice :clap I soo wish to have a patio like that someday :bow
My Dh will be jealous of the water storage tanks. Those type are just what we need for the greenhouse.
Nice job on the veggie bed :thumbsup
You are a wonderful cake baker and decorater. Those are memories your boys will cherrish. :hugs :love My boys now 36 and 30 still talk about Chocolate chip pancakes with whipped creme they would get on their birthday mornings. :D

More pics please ..... When you have the chance :clap

Thanks so much for showing a bit of your family and homestead. :thumbsup

:frow Karan :D

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
The water tanks are 7,000 litres and 5,000 litres not sure what that is in gallons though :/.
1850 and 1320 gallons. That's a lot of water for the veggies. :drool

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, but we have little rain from probably November to May, we also use for the fruit trees and pets water.

The grey water tank which is about 600 litres and takes about 3 wash loads, I do about 2 loads per day, needs to be emptyed every 24 hours so the front remains fairly green where the sprinkler can reach anyway.

The photo of the grey water tank is underground, you can just see the top of it. We pump it up onto the plants.

Just about every 3rd house here has a water tank now.