"My Wife is an Animal Lover"

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Did you tell her how old eggs from the store are?

They would be thrown out before they ever reached her house.

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess I'm old school.
Pets sleep in the den or at the foot of the bed. Everything outside is cook pot eligible.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
" "Just to clarify, I'm an animal lover too. I don't like how meat is raised (and treated) commercially, and I don't want to be a vegetarian, so I decided to raise as much of my own food as I could so I could make sure the animals are treated humanely and live good lives. :) I realize it's not for everyone though. Thanks."

The cruelty involved in some of the factory farming was a big part of why I'm vegetarian. I wont contribute to that kind of business.
People who raise their own food animals usually treat them well. It's alot more fair.

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
It bugs me when kids say milk comes from the store...
My 4 year old has the opposite problem, every time we pass the egg section in the grocery store he wants to go out back to look at the grocery store's chickens. He doesn't believe me that the eggs come from far away.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol mandie, thats so cute!

i dont mind it when very young children are a little "confused" but when ADULTS are adamant that thier eggs dont come from a "dirty chicken" eggs ONLY come from stores...or that you CANT drink milk fresh from the farm ebcause its "dirty" ect...

kids are always open to learning...adults however when they get to that point just wont listen to lodgic...and those are the people that would starve to death if SHTF because even if they could supply for themselves, half of them wouldnt simply because its "dirty" and "unsafe"

ive had people tell me they wont eat fresh vegatables becuae they come form the dirt and could have any number of horrible things on them...because "horrible things" live in the dirt...

and while i agree i wont eat fresh form the store without major scrubbing due to pesticieds ect...fresh from your garden?! realy...i mean for heavens sake, there growing in dirt...not a sewage ditch.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rofl, omg if these people knew how their "clean" chickens/cows were kept, they'd be running to our doors!! I kiss my chickens, bury my face in their necks, touch their feet or tails. I'd sanitize myself after I so much as stepped inside a factory farm door!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have a friend who won't eat brown eggs, b/c she has her mind set that the brown is from poo. Even wehen she goes to a restaurant, she asks whether the eggs are white or brown. She won't eat my chickens either, because she ahs seen them grow. She knows she is warped. her husband otoh, loves my eggs.