My yard sale got rained out...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not sure if this post is in the right spot .

Leave it to me, the one weekend I manage to collect all the clutter and bags of good will it rains. I set up the yard yesterday laid it all out nice. Hung some of DH old shirts on a pole. I had some rugs and a ton of my kids old clothes.

I did manage to make about 140.00. Thats the most money I have personally earned in about 5 years.

Guess what else I sold? Eggs, a man asked it I sold my hens. I said no but I have eggs. Then there were others interested. I sold 4 doz. at $3 each. I also had some homemade jams out. I added a piece of christmas fabric to the band. I sold 9 - 8oz jars. $3 each or two for $5. I was very excited.

You know what my mom said. She thinks I should pad lock my coop. She is afraid now someone will try to steal my hens. Uggg...

Anyways, I had to pack it all in at noon because it started raining. Bummer. I was hoping to do a bit more business. Maybe next time.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so cool
congrats on good money for a rainy day
imagine what that could have been on a sunny day!

plan again....and get those hens laying and those jams jamming.....there is money to be earned...LOL

you did very well!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
That was a good income you made today! Congrats!!

Sorry you got rained out!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Rained out!! Sorry, all I could do is laugh....it would have been snowed out if you had it at my house!!!!!

Woohoo!! On the $140!! Definetly plan and do it again!!
What a great idea to hatch some peeps now to have them ready for first thing in the spring to sell some poults at a garage sale at my mom's house!! Now you got me thinking!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your welcome for the ideaything I can do to help!! Today was actually the coldest it's been at my house this winter. Very dark grey skies with a really cold wind. It drizzled twice for about 30 seconds. We still have not had a downpour. That's supposed to come tonight. I love it when it rains here. We get free water so rarely.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a lot of work to have to close up early. Sorry about the rain. We had a garage sale last summer and it will be the last. Way too much work and we sold very little. That's the third time over the years.

But, as you did, we sold eggs then.

I'd be happy with $140. You're that much richer and you got rid of some stuff. Good for you.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We had a little rain when we had ours after Thanksgiving. No fun. The worst part for us was the cold. I swear, I've been sick ever since. We made that much money in two days with only a little rain. You did pretty well!
I was a little concerned about people knowing that I have chickens in our backyard. All my neighbors already know because of the rooster. No one asked about them though. No one even asked to buy eggs. I didn't have any extra to put out because I'd used or sold so many for Thanksgiving dinner.