Names with Faces - Post your picture here!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hey John! You have a beautiful family.

It will be interesting to see what you are doing to be self sufficient in Japan. Is it something that people are curious about there?

johnElarue

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi and thanks tfpets, FarmerChick and punkin,

So far we're only self sufficient in heating, which goes from Oct/Nov to Apr/May, but it saves a bunch.

The other big bills: food, hot water and lighting are the next targets. Food being the toughest. I admire all of you that produce some or most of what you eat, that is the greatest accomplishment in my opinion.

Self sufficiency has always been a part of life here in the countryside, but not in the cities or suburbs where most people live.

I'll try and keep you all informed as much as possible.

(I forgot to say East Tenn. is nice, real nice, drove through on my way to my brother's in Arkansas this summer)

johnE

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Christmas last year
Christmas2007small.jpg

Here is a family shot, from 2006 I think

familypic2005sm.jpg

With short hair and a DRESS! :eek: in '97 :lol:

lASVEGASSM.jpg

Found another old picture. Introducing my son to a baby chimp in 2001

TrentonandChimpsm.jpg

GardenSimply

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wow. I just joined this forum this morning and just spent the last ten minutes going through this thread. HOW COOL to put names with faces of people all over the world that are working on being self sufficient. Just cool.

I'm like the rest of you... not crazy about posting a photo. It's like, you can take ten pictures of yourself on ten different days and look ten completely different ways... I've uploaded some photos to photobucket...

http://photobucket.com/garden-simply

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
GardenSimply said:
Wow. I just joined this forum this morning and just spent the last ten minutes going through this thread. HOW COOL to put names with faces of people all over the world that are working on being self sufficient. Just cool.

I'm like the rest of you... not crazy about posting a photo. It's like, you can take ten pictures of yourself on ten different days and look ten completely different ways... I've uploaded some photos to photobucket...

http://photobucket.com/garden-simply
:welcome
I'm like you - it' hard to even find a photo of me sometimes. I'm usually the one behind the camera. And when I'm in front...ugh!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have not been arond in a while it's so nice to see everyone. I am not brave enough to post a pic of myself yet. Maybe I'll dig one up. Gina

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh TH be brave..lol..it is so nice to put a face with a name! :)

GardenSimply

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yeah Gina!! :) If we can all 'take the plunge' you can too ! I spent two hours putting photos up on photobucket to send this in, LOL (i'm so embarrassed) but once I got going, I thought, hey! Now when someone from the family wants to see photos of the new grandbaby and that instead of sending a gazillion emails, I can now just send a link. THAT was cool. Upload em once, share em forever!

That's the idea that aided me in putting a photo up. ;)

And too, we're not judging each other (obviously!) just putting a happy face with a name! It makes the internet far more personal.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey all, heres a few of me and the fam....

Laura and I in the Wichita mountains

478_100_0761.jpg

The kiddos in thier traditional Chickasaw dance outfits. From left to right Courtney, Lolo, Diamond, and John in the back.

478_kiddos2.jpg

Our SS projects have included making our water usage more efficient(water/energy efficient washer dryer, new faucets, new toilet tank parts, all leaks fixed); energy efficient lightbulbs throughout the home, working on EE appliances; more home cooking less eating out; our latest ongoing project, fresh eggs courtesy 6 buff orpington pullets. Below is a pic of them in thier new coop built from salvage materials from work. House is insulated metal panels, run is 2x2 steel tubing covered with chicken wire. More pics and details on BYC

478_100_1348.jpg

We are located in Ardmore, OK...soon to be back in the country I hope. We have 5 beautiful acres with large oak and pine trees, and possible within 6 months will have our home there. Have a great day all.