Names with Faces - Post your picture here!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice family pics. ya'll look so happy!!!
welcome to the forum!

I love the pic---Deadwood character. can't remember the name but I loved that series! :)

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thats Al Swearingen...loved that show!!! Thanks, we do have a lotta love(lotta rowdiness too lol).

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--yup good old AL
thanks for reminding me, cause I am thinking about the show now and I sure loved it!

Did you say you are going to build a home on your other land soon? Is it still in OK?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok so I found couple family pics...

This one is about two years old.
333_family.jpg
a

This one is most recent. Ocotillo Wells State Park, desert picture from Vetran's weekend.

333_family_at_gas_dome.jpg

Wow, my kids are getting big. Son 8, girls 5, 3 and hubby. We are covered in dust and dirt can't get much worse. :D

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our 5 acres is located 22 miles from Ardmore(Ardmore is in south central OK, about 25 miles from Lake Texhoma, euidistant about 100 miles from OKC or Dallas). My grandmother has about 120 acres, and she has given my wife and I the southernmost 5 acres. White Pines that my granddad plated 25 years ago have spread into it(not a native tree to the area). On the west half there is a grove of maybe 20 or so that are 30-40 feet tall...very beautiful. the rest is kinda overgrown with scrub oak, red cedar, elm, etc. A lot has to be cleared, but there are some magnificent oak trees that are probably 60-75 feet tall...these will stay. We are looking into a manufactured home so we can get out there ASAP. I am so sick of living in town...there are 2 drug houses within 1 block of us, a child molester 2 blocks away, and various young punkks that wander the street day and night. We can't even let our kids out front to play. We are going home to the country as quick as we can so our kids can grow up in a good enviroment, and where we can live on our own terms. My grandma wants me to get a few cattle, we want a few pigs for bacon and sausage, more chickens for meat and eggs, garden room, and the peace of country living that I grew up in.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
tommywalnuts,

Welcome. I have spent time at Ft. Sill and tromping around the Wichita Mountains. Beautitful country. The best hamburger I ever had was at the Meers General Store. I know it isn't close to where you live but you probably know the area.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yeah Meers is a tradition. Any trip to the Wichitas has to be topped off with a 16oz pie pan sized longhorn beef Meers burger. This last time(Nov 1st) we had to stand in line for 45 minutes or so. Absolutley one of the best burgers around(#8 out of 10 according to the film "Hamburger America").

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ok so I found couple family pics...

This one is about two years old.
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/333_family.jpga

This one is most recent. Ocotillo Wells State Park, desert picture from Vetran's weekend.

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/333_family_at_gas_dome.jpg

Wow, my kids are getting big. Son 8, girls 5, 3 and hubby. We are covered in dust and dirt can't get much worse. :D
Awwww....TW you have a beautiful family. I like the 3 year old all decked out in her gear.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
tommywalnuts said:
Oh yeah Meers is a tradition. Any trip to the Wichitas has to be topped off with a 16oz pie pan sized longhorn beef Meers burger. This last time(Nov 1st) we had to stand in line for 45 minutes or so. Absolutley one of the best burgers around(#8 out of 10 according to the film "Hamburger America").
Big old burger cut in quarters with ton of fries, sitting on benches at a rustic table, uneven floor, drinking out of canning jars. Is it still the same? Wow, that was 1986 when I ate there.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey tankshill
so good to SEE you and you have a beautiful family!
I love the smiling faces and the little one is SO cute!
I love seeing people.....thanks for posting! :)