Names with Faces - Post your picture here!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I was cleaning out the garage and came across one of the signs from my store front. Now you know where my name comes from. Decades ago in the last century I owned and operated an electronics repair shop. I'll attach a few more when time permits but the weather is great here for roofing and siding - 60-70F.

xpc.jpg

I started fixing TVs in 77' when tubes were on the way out and computers in 86' when BBs were the fashion.

arctic.jpg

1985 in my prime - I did the electrical for a local band

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I had a feeling it was "ex"-p.c. as in you used to do pc work...now I understand. :D

Love the photo!!

It is very nice to have someone with your knowledge (and wit :) )on the board.

I am going to be taking down a stupid light fixture and I need your help. It is located on the wall and is so ugly!! I just want to cap off the electricity (is that the right word?) and hang a painting over the hole. :p (I will start a new thread about this. :D )

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I had a feeling it was "ex"-p.c. as in you used to do pc work...now I understand. :D

Love the photo!!

It is very nice to have someone with your knowledge (and wit :) )on the board.

I am going to be taking down a stupid light fixture and I need your help. It is located on the wall and is so ugly!! I just want to cap off the electricity (is that the right word?) and hang a painting over the hole. :p (I will start a new thread about this. :D )
two orange or yellow wire nuts and a 20 cent blank cover is all you need. Note: leave 1/8" or so of bare copper for the nuts to grip on. Either turn off the power or hover like a bird.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I think Blackbird found this thread and directed to it from the Blast from the past thread.

We have a few new folks since the last time someone posted on here. Let's see what you beautiful people look like.

Latest posts