National Geographic- Doomsday Preppers "They are bbbaaaccckkk!!!

jpd2

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The new episodes of Doomsday preppers are back on as of last Sunday with 8 new episodes. They are also offering the wholes seris on DVD for 29.95 ;)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
The blurbs I've seen seem to portray these folks in the light of "crazy..." Which I don't really appreciate.
Besides, I don't do well with the fear based reactions... makes me anxious, which does me no good.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I saw the show.
It was 'decent'

the editing kinda made it seem more of a 'nut case scenario' but I did get alot of ideas and more from these people.
plus I like hearing the reasons behind why each one was prepping.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I saw the show.
It was 'decent'

the editing kinda made it seem more of a 'nut case scenario' but I did get alot of ideas and more from these people.
plus I like hearing the reasons behind why each one was prepping.
I did too.

It seems they are more portrayed as nuts. One was a nut however.....

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
With a name like DOOMSDAY Preppers, I was not expecting anything but the extreme. What I liked about it is that the "experts" they never named reinforced several points I have been making, so hubby is even more supportive. He also subscribed to SouthernPrepper's YouTube channel after watching DP. Over the past two years, hubby has slowly realized CrazyWife (his nickname for me - and I call him SillyMan in response) is not quite as crazy as she may have sounded while he was overseas!

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anderson Cooper's talk show comes on our tv at 4:00 weekdays. That's now. Today's episide discusses the doomsday preppers show, along with prepping in general, disaster preparedness and stockpiling.

Just FYI.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
dfr1973 said:
This show is being discussed on at least one other board I frequent, and posts this morning say one of the preppers in the first-aired episode has now been declared "mentally defective" and the state of TN has seized all his firearms.
http://offgridsurvival.com/doomsdayprepperdeclaredmentaldefective/
http://www.personalliberty.com/cons...ined-mentally-defective-stripped-of-firearms/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but I just had ta laugh over that one! Now here's a conundrum...if you are a doomsday prepper and intend to fight all the folks off your storage, isn't it counterproductive to feature your location and your setup, not to mention what you are storing, on live TV? :pop