natural deodorant crystal

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, I tried one of these a few years ago and the only problem I found with it was that if I did start to sweat it stained my clothes. Has anyone tried the Arm and Hammer deoderant without aluminum?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Hokay, miss_thenorth and MorelCabin, I picked one up at the grocery store today, will see how it goes! :)

Pat
Good Luck! Remember it is better to wet your pits, if you are going to wet the crystal-wrap a facecloth around it so water doesn't drip down your sides.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Ok, I've had one of those crystal deodorant thingies for a week now and I really like it! I will probably have to use my regular antiperspirant for extra-sweaty times but on a normal day to day basis this thing seems to work quite well for me. And it has no scent! MAJOR plus there.

Thanks very much for the recommendation! :)

Pat

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with it. I like the fact too that there is no scent. If I want a scent-- i'll add my own.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Has anyone tried the Arm and Hammer deoderant without aluminum?
I haven't tried the Arm & Hammer brand that is aluminum and paraben free yet. I am currently using a similar product called Herbal Clear. It is just a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. It works well if you aren't a big dripper. :D

I was reading the Arm & Hammer website yesterday. They suggest using their baking soda on your armpits.

My daughter has been using the crystal thing for about 10 years now and swears by it.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Baking soda sounds nice and gentle. But, how do you apply it? I'm picturing having fistfulls of bs that I quick try to get to my pits without letting gravity do its job :) I'm also picturing a nice thick paste at the end of an active day, kind of like the paste I make to soothe a bee sting.

I got some nonaluminum deodorant at Trader Joe's with cotton in it. Huh? Not sure what the cotton is supposed to do. It sounds like it would absorb sweat, but I am highly not recommending this deodorant which just makes a person feel slimy all day. :sick

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
What's deodorant?
Funny Guy :lol:

My dh uses Arm and Hammer--he doesnt like the crystal, and other deodorants makes his armpits itchy. Arm and Hammer is the only one that does't make him itchy.

Latest posts