Nature's TV: The REAL nature channel!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
punkin said:
Great picture, poppycat!!

Bee, I have never seen a loon before. She looks very relaxed.
She couldn't walk. I found her on the edge of the road and she couldn't get up. Caught her and checked out all her leg bones, nothing broken that I could see or feel. Her toes were bloody and one looked broken. I think she flew into a car and was just stunned and a little banged up. By the time we got her to the creek, she had calmed down a good bit.

Then....we went to get her out of the basket and down to the water....all heck broke out and she started to chase my boy, all the while calling that lonesome call and spreading her long, long wings. I have it all on video and it was hilarious! :lol:

Last we saw her, she was floating away and calling that beautiful, lonely, very resonant call. That was a very special moment in our family's life....it was like nothing we had ever seen or done before...and probably never will again. :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
punkin said:
Great picture, poppycat!!

Bee, I have never seen a loon before. She looks very relaxed.
She couldn't walk. I found her on the edge of the road and she couldn't get up. Caught her and checked out all her leg bones, nothing broken that I could see or feel. Her toes were bloody and one looked broken. I think she flew into a car and was just stunned and a little banged up. By the time we got her to the creek, she had calmed down a good bit.

Then....we went to get her out of the basket and down to the water....all heck broke out and she started to chase my boy, all the while calling that lonesome call and spreading her long, long wings. I have it all on video and it was hilarious! :lol:

Last we saw her, she was floating away and calling that beautiful, lonely, very resonant call. That was a very special moment in our family's life....it was like nothing we had ever seen or done before...and probably never will again. :)
It's great you and your family could experience that together. Due to your efforts, she probably found a good man(drake?) and had many baby loons.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Let's hope....she was certainly the Audrey Hepburn of loons, so refined and ladylike! :D