Nature's TV: The REAL nature channel!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Love the pic....colors on her are fab!
We got blue lizard things running around the back porch...they catch my eye and I jump--thinking SNAKE.....LOL-LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
You reminded me I need to figure out what the little critters we found while moving some rocks in the backyard were. I love watching stuff but don't get as much too see here. We get the occasional wild turkey and I was once late to work because I came across a litter of fox kits who were born in a field I drive by on my way to school. They must just have been let out to play by mom and were so cute! And miles away from my chickens. There were huge piles of rocks in this field and momma fox must have made her den under one.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My favorite "show" is the bats at dusk. DH and I are a little crazy about not missing them. We've dragged company out on the deck after dinner plenty of times. Some people love the show and others think were nuts.

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does watching the 3 endlessly energetic children next door wrestle each other in their front lawn count as nature watching?

If not, there's also a stray cat who hangs out on our roof, jumping off periodically to attack squirrels. That's fun to watch too. Though not quite as much fun as two children wrestling in a leaf pile while the other one turns on them with a leaf-blower.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love it all! I've not been lucky enough to get close to any good animal displays....wish I had a better camera! Loved the pic of the skink....have never seen their eggs before.

Maybe everyone should post their wildlife pics here...for us sad folks who do not have a very good camera or lightening fast reflexes! I would dearly love to see anything you all have on film.

I have one pic uploaded here of a young common loon we rescued off the highway last year. She was the most beautiful thing! And her call was so hauntingly lovely and sad.... the saddest part was that I couldn't get any state agency to take her in and finally found a secluded stretch of river to release her into. She swam away and I hope she did well. The only injury I could see was some busted up toes.

6459_mountain_trip_021.jpg
[/img]

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Bee, she's beautiful!! Kudos to you for helping her out!!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't have too many wildlife photos (unless my kids count)

Seems like I never have my camera at the ready when a good opportunity comes.

I do have a pic of this owl that was in our neighbors bushes:

000_0032_1.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Her beak was positively lethal! About 3-4 inches long. Every feather in perfect place and beautiful color, her eyes were red and her wing span was enormous! I didn't know loons were indigenous to this area, had never heard of them here, but it was winter time, so she might have been migrating somewhere, who knows? She was awful close to the fish hatchery! They would have probably killed her for poaching anyway.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Poppycat, that is a stunning pic! Very artistically done, though I'm sure it wasn't meant to be artsy...still....lovely!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Great picture, poppycat!!

Bee, I have never seen a loon before. She looks very relaxed.

Latest posts