Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That'd be a great strawberry planter :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Strawberry planter!! :thumbsup

We have a ton (@15) of these. We get wood scraps from the local pallet company for free and they come on very nice new pallets.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
funnyfarm I have a bunch too!! I am sooooo doing 3 or 4 as strawberry planters this year! I don't think I will use the lanscape cloth though. I'm gonna try to staple down feed bags instead to the back and sides. More recycling ;)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not sure I understood the photo. How did you manage to keep the soil in the pallet? The idea is cool. Seems like a lot of herbs could be raised on something like this for not only cooking but decorative use such as the one you posted. Very attractive garden you have there.

The other day I found another idea on the internet using pallets to construct a compost bin. Since they are all the same size it was kind of like making it with an erector set. (for those of you old enough to remember them. ;)

My chicken coop is 12 x 12 so I used some pallets to divide the coop so I could have an "isolation" room for folks who are getting pecked, or whatever. Worked good for a wall as long as the chicken wire was able to keep them from squeezing between the boards of the pallet. (had a rooster that did it several times. had to put chicken wire over head as well and that stopped him! Also helped when introducing new folks into the "pecking order". It seems that they "socialize" a bit better if they have had some time to get used to looking at each other through the wire.
Trim sends
1808_images.jpeg

//BT//

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Icu4dzs the link tells you to fill it and plant, and leave it on the ground for a few weeks so the started roots will hold the soil in.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mrscoyote said:
Found this on a friends page and wanted to share.
http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-turn-a-pallet-into-a-garden/
Nancy
Seems to me, Nancy, that you'd probably want the pallet on the southward side of a building. Up north here, even in mid-summer there is naturally more sunlight to the south. Of course, you could try using the method with more-shade-loving plants on the the east or west sides of a building. What have your friends done, Nancy?

Big_White

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Awesome idea. I have several pallets layin round here, I plan on givin that a try to help save a lil space.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
very cool but to me pallets stink
they do not last
they rot fast.
I used pallets for tons of things over the years on the farm
longevity is not good

I would rather use a metal type situation any time.....to me pallets are great for burning or selling.

but short term application sure it is a great idea!!