Neat wall paper border

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking at pictures when I first bought then after fixing it. Yep I agree she's looking great...
Before
uploadfromtaptalk1439941531987.jpeg

This was above the drop ceiling in the kitchen. It scarred me, so I just rewired the entire house to bring it up to code. And yes all wires are run through the walls and ceilings like they should be now :)
uploadfromtaptalk1440464845536.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1440464811575.jpeg

Now
The door to the left is the second full bath off the kitchen. Remember bathrooms off the kitchen?
IMG_20180113_181926708.jpg

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
CC, am loving this old house remodel! Thank you for detailing it for us and doing pics...I LOVE that. I have such a love for old houses and their lovely construction and wood that you can't get nowadays. I love it too that you want to restore instead of redo...those floors are gorgeous and the trim you are adding is incredible. Such a handy, handy man, you are. :woot

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CC, am loving this old house remodel! Thank you for detailing it for us and doing pics...I LOVE that. I have such a love for old houses and their lovely construction and wood that you can't get nowadays. I love it too that you want to restore instead of redo...those floors are gorgeous and the trim you are adding is incredible. Such a handy, handy man, you are. :woot

Thanks... They just don't make houses like this today that's for sure. I just got back from installing under cabinet LED lights. First time working with them... I really like that they run off of 12volts DC and consume next to no power (9 watts). The 24" light bars cost me $1.86 each and the AC (100 ~ 240) to DC (12v 36watt) step down transformers $4.89 each. Amazing how much light they put out. The cool thing is if the power ever goes out you could run the lights off batteries.
IMG_20180130_224147933.jpg

My 3rd oldest son who has helped me work on this house a lot. Took a length of the old oak kitchen floor and made a cool coat rack in my shop out of it with some 1/2" gas pipe and floor flanges. I think it's pretty cool in the house and goes right along with the real old theme. Sometimes simple is better, this is one of those times. It finished in mineral oil and beeswax, he also used my propane torch to darken the wood where he had to cut it, to have it match the uncut natural old color.
IMG_20180130_222919425.jpg

Last edited:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
CC, I love what you are doing to the place. Now when are you and your sons coming to Texas??? ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love that coat rack! What a custom piece to have in the house. I just bought some flanges like that yesterday, along with some galvanized pipe, for the making of a new towel rod in the bathroom. I love that industrial look, especially with that aged wood.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love that coat rack! What a custom piece to have in the house. I just bought some flanges like that yesterday, along with some galvanized pipe, for the making of a new towel rod in the bathroom. I love that industrial look, especially with that aged wood.

Me too... My son did a nice job on that. You could "age" wood with a propane torch. You just want to darken it with the flame but not set it on fire :)

Latest posts