Need a Cub Scout skit idea

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Google is failing our Scout pack. We need a skit for camp in two weeks, one with a whodunit theme. And none of us leaders are coming up with anything! It only needs to be about 3 minutes long. We have 10 boys but not all need a speaking part. Anybody out there have ANY ideas??? Experience???

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In Girl Guides we always give the girls the theme and let them come up with the skit. They are usually very good at including everyone and using humour in their skits, but are also very good when the skit is supposed to teach a lesson. Don't know if that helps, does it need to be more leader-directed?

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My daughter loves it when I do my lawn mowing tracker skit. I portray an announcer broadcasting a local hillbilly lawn mowing tracker pull. :) It's all about the cinderblocks and blowing the engines. The accents the key. Just an idea :) :frow

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, given the amount of time we have to prepare and the 10 Scouts involved it would be like expecting a flock of ducks to accomplish anything in an organized fashion. You'd have the innappropriately violent ideas from some boys, and then you have the two male leaders who will WIN everything possible to win during our week..... :rolleyes: So yeah, if we can at least give them the bare bones of a short skit that they can work with it will go much better!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My favorite from when I was in girl scouts...not really going to help here, sorry!

A fully dressed scout came running (all dishelved and real dramatic) in with a styrofoam cup of (water) yelling "Fire! Fire!" or "Move! Move! Out of my way!" Then the person speaking stops them and asked "What's going on?" and the scout says "The Leader's tent is on fire!" Person says "That one cup of water is not going to help!" Scout: "This isn't water! It's kerosene!" And then runs out the other side of the room! :gig
This could be a skit in a skit though!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
My favorite from when I was in girl scouts...not really going to help here, sorry!

A fully dressed scout came running (all dishelved and real dramatic) in with a styrofoam cup of (water) yelling "Fire! Fire!" or "Move! Move! Out of my way!" Then the person speaking stops them and asked "What's going on?" and the scout says "The Leader's tent is on fire!" Person says "That one cup of water is not going to help!" Scout: "This isn't water! It's kerosene!" And then runs out the other side of the room! :gig
:lol: You'd be surprised how many "get the leader" type skits I'm finding!! I have a couple of possibilities after a search but they don't have parts for 10 boys. We'll have to build onto them somehow.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Hmmm...another one I remember is all of them sitting in a chair with their legs crossed reading the newspaper so you can't see their faces and then the first person asks the next and goes down the line saying (putting the paper down so you can see their face) "Is it time yet?" The last person says "No!" They pass that back to the first person one at a time. The first person waits a couple seconds and then the first person asks again "Is it time yet?" and it goes down the line a couple times like that. Then finally the last person says "Yes! It's time!" and they all switch their legs and cross them on the other side.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Hmmm...another one I remember is all of them sitting in a chair with their legs crossed reading the newspaper so you can't see their faces and then the first person asks the next and goes down the line saying (putting the paper down so you can see their face) "Is it time yet?" The last person says "No!" They pass that back to the first person one at a time. The first person waits a couple seconds and then the first person asks again "Is it time yet?" and it goes down the line a couple times like that. Then finally the last person says "Yes! It's time!" and they all switch their legs and cross them on the other side.
A classic! We really need to find something with a mystery theme though....

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oooo, we could definitely do something with the movie director one!