Need creative input on biz name - Web Site preview & update pg 4

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh you guys are all terrific!

I love Cooking Vixens although that could be a hard sell to the mother of a 10 yr old ;)

Freestyle Cooking is interesting....

As for more about me...I love teaching people useful things, I love to share ideas, I love cooking and think that this should be a fun a playful experience...grab a girlfriend and have a morning of laughs in the kitchen..or grab your hubby and have a fun night out with friends while learning.

I love fresh herbs and simple but elegant dishes, I love comfort food and dishes that make you smile....I like to take the French complexity out of recipes and show people how to do things simply. Cooking should be enjoyable not daunting. Most things are fairly easy if you just know how, which is why I love the idea of hands on cooking classes. Although I will do more complicated recipes here and there, sometimes those dishes are worth the effort. I am not about exotic hard to find ingredients...who has time for that?

I am simple, honest and frugal. I am not a lot of fluff :) I believe in local and seasonal eating, which is another aspect that I would like to incorporate into my classes. You will mostly find me in jeans and flip flops, but I clean up pretty nicely when it's appropriate!
Oh, hobbies...I love to garden and am fanatical about seed starting...more into edibles than ornamentals these days.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dace, I think hubby may be on to something.....its well known that businesses are more easily remembered if you use your name in the business name. Plus, your name is unusual and kinda classy....so it sounds great to me! Also helps to have some indication as to what kind of business it is by the name....

Alliterations go over well sometimes also!

Dace's Dream
Dace's Delights
Dace's Delicatessan
Dace's Delicacies

Or something totally different.....

Serendipity
Outside the Box
Everything Else
Simple Selections
Fine and Dandy

Or....just plain DACE

:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I vote for Dace's Dream or Outside the Box!!!!

Don't you find that the people who need this class are intimidated by the mere thought of cooking? If so, keep that out of the name. Those people won't read past the word cooking.

When I teach my LGI classes, the biggest struggle is getting people past the thought of using a carrot peeler rather than ordering take-out or buying freezer meals....they are beyond intimidated and overwhelmed by the idea. They need an average of 3-5 weeks of support group (my weight management classes) to get over that hurdle. Then they get happy and are willing to try more.

You might promote it with the economy in mind, but not name it along those lines, as things change. A second line might be something like "Stretch your grocery dollars while enjoying time with those you love" or something corny but more artfully stated than that!

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hmmmmmm I would try to add something that is related to you. If not using your name in it something that when fokes think of your business they automatically think of you. A favorite flower, place, animal ect.

When I named my business I went with Forest Dragon Studios, forest dragons being my trade mark creation in the local area, even have a tattoo of one on my back that I designed. When some one sees one of them after they have been sold and are hanging in someones home they know where it came from.

If you are uncomfortable with having your name in your business name you will probably have to file for a fictions name license if your actual name is not included in your business name. I know in our area we do.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Although I really like Beekissed second list, I can resist trying.
Simplex (simple /complex)
Home Freedom Cooking
Calhome Creations
Everyday Freedom
Independance Cooking
Recipe for Success
Improv-adence Cooking
Simple Good Food
Voila Cooking
Move over Martha
The Frugal Frenchman"s
Homestyle Elegance
Homefire

This is such a great idea. I know you'll have a winner.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
punkin said:
Hmmmm . . .

Kitchen Vixens :/
OK, I'll tone it down a bit . . .

Kitchen Mixin's

Kind of explains what you do and a social event (mixer) at the same time.

(But, as the mom of an 18 year old, if someone called me a vixen I'd probably hug their neck) :gig

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I love Move Over Martha :), not to mention that its acronym kind of names your target group.

Latest posts