Need creative input on biz name - Web Site preview & update pg 4

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Is this a name for classes, or will that have a separate name at the top of the flier (etc) and you're just looking for an official business name to operate under?

If it is a name for your classes, to put at the top of the flier, then I think it REALLY needs to be identifiably food/kitchen/cooking related.

For a class name, I like Freestyle Cooking a *lot* but I fear there is truth in what freemotion says -- it would appeal to people who already feel reasonably comfortable with cooking, but if that is not your target audience then it may not work. Sorry but I think Dace's Kitchen is pretty good too, the main hitch being that if you are doing this in *other* peoples' kitchens it is a bit odd or misleading. I kind of like Recipe for Success too but it sounds like it could equally well be a 'lifestyle trainer' type thing.

For a business name, i.e. not something people really 'see', I think either would be great, or really anything else either since I don't know as it matters a whole lot.

Pat

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
As a marketing dork, I just wanted to say you don't want the name to sound too cutesy. It will scare off half your potential customers.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
New Lifestyle Cooking with Dace
Shake 'N Bake with Dace (LOL)

maybe use a key word like Frugal

remember the Frugal Gourmet? How abouit Frugal Eleganct Cooking with Dace or something like that.

appeal to saving money but eating good.

just keep throwing out a bunch of stuff and something might hit you as your new business name!!

I like your name in the business also. But be sure you use the word cooking in there....cause people need to know what you are. Your name has to say what you do so it hits in their mind real fast.

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
New Lifestyle Cooking with Dace
Shake 'N Bake with Dace (LOL)
I run VERY fast the other way when something says "lifestyle" in it.