Need help picking an LGD for our needs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
The grain free food is all expensive. :/ I did raw for a while, till it just got inconvenient for me. Now we do "Wellness" and it aint cheap. I do feed the dogs all the bone scraps I use after I make slow cooked bone broths, give the raw chicken wings and backs from my own pre-roasted chickens and buy "Farmer George's" raw dog bones. Raw dog bones are like 35 cents per pound.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you have a costco neerby, its not grain free but kirkland is a great brand at an even better price, no corn, and noy byproduct.

im plannng on swithcing to ra eventually but not untill my famrs all "set up" and i can raise all the "raw" myself. rabbit, quail and chicken in prey model will be the primary mix.
but i also have tiny dogs lol

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Kirkland is what we're using now - but let me tell you, she can clear a room in a heartbeat! Boxer's have a tendency to be gassy anyway, but she did WAY better when eating raw.

I saw some grain free feed when I was at Big R a couple weeks ago. Call of the Wild or something similar. I didn't look at the ingredient list but I think it said grain free. I noticed it only because the price was so darn high. I'll check it out, but I have to keep the price within reason. If my boxer starts milking or laying eggs than I can consider increasing her food budget but until then she's a non-producer and gets fed accordingly.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
Kirkland is what we're using now - but let me tell you, she can clear a room in a heartbeat! Boxer's have a tendency to be gassy anyway, but she did WAY better when eating raw.

I saw some grain free feed when I was at Big R a couple weeks ago. Call of the Wild or something similar. I didn't look at the ingredient list but I think it said grain free. I noticed it only because the price was so darn high. I'll check it out, but I have to keep the price within reason. If my boxer starts milking or laying eggs than I can consider increasing her food budget but until then she's a non-producer and gets fed accordingly.
Taste of the wild, is likely what you saw. We love it even with the higher price, cause the big bag lasts our two cats 10 weeks.
SO we are looking at $3.50 a week in cost.

Latest posts