need help with rash

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Keep in mind the 3 things that yeast loves: the dark, wettness and warmth.
Starve it of all 3 if possible.
Go ahead with anything that will kill a vaginal yeast infection, as Bee suggested. FYI, we would treat our patients for this problem twice a day in a facility, so do it mid morning and before bed. If you can sleep with your arms over your head, it would be good. Or if you watching a movie.....go ahead and assume that position. You might want to wash yourself with baking soda in the bath, or put some under your arms, after you wet yourself and let it stay like that a few minutes, then wash it off.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds like what I get now and then, I get it under my breasts too. I use store brand stuff for yeast infections. I did use some of the herbal remedies too but they seemed to take longer.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your suggestions :frow I will pick up something for it. I might have some vagisil in my drawer- would that help maybe?

I have tried a little to put my arms over my head, but I have a degenerative problem in my neck and it aggrevates it when I do that. So I can only do it for a few minutes.

Monica

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, how many nurses are on here? Cool.

When I worked long term care this was a constant battle. Miconazole (like monistat, but just get the generic) twice daily for at least two weeks. I'd second a lot of what you've got, limit the sugar and starch, eat yogurt or other cultured foods and you can try applying yogurt to the area also. For stubborn cases we'd fill a spray bottle with half vinegar half water and spray on whenever we had access to the area, several times daily. That usually cleared it up.

moderncountry40

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Another good thing for moisture is cornstarch. I used it on my kids when they were in diapers instead of baby powder and they never had diaper rash or yeast infections. The women in my family have used it under their breasts and under their arms for the same reason.

Dirty Harry

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
A rash like you describe usually indicates a high level of candida. This bacteria thrives on sugar, things made with yeast, and things made with vinegar. A diet avoiding these things and consisting of high protein and green vegetables will help along with acidopholis (sp) to help restore balance. Beware that when candida dies it releases a toxin that will make you feel a little ill. So a big candida die off will make you feel a little bad for a few days but will indicate you are fixing the problem. Some of the things already recommended, such as Oil of Oregano, are excellent. If you have access to the drug Diflucan, you can speed up the process considerably, but this may be hard to get without certain blood tests. This is a rather complicated issue so I won't try to go into it further. My comments are for informational purposses only. I am NOT recommending any treatment.