Never give up hope!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
You all may remember me saying something about my husband Chad that shot a monster (for Va) during bow season and we never could find the deer. Well, his cousin was squirrel hunting today on the property behind where we were hunting that day and one of his buddies found the deer. His whole back end was decayed but the skull and rack were totally intact and so he took it home and sent us a pic on the cell phone and asked if it looked familiar! Chad immediately went and picked it up and here are some pics. It has stickers all over the main beams. Pretty cool, huh?

460_p1020073.jpg

460_p1020074.jpg

Here's my 3 yr old holding it
460_p1020075.jpg

here's my 1 yr old holding it
460_p1020076.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
AAAAAAaaaaaawwwwwwwwww, what beautiful, sweet kids! :love

AND a gnarly buck! Congrats!

You know, my dad was the first man known , in WV, to kill a black bear with a bow! He didn't get official credit for it because, despite looking for it with dogs for 3 days~in a blizzard~they never found it.....until the following spring! His friend, Joe Roy, got credit for the first bear with a bow because they found his. Dad did, however, get credit for the first recurve bow kill on record for WV and he and Joe are 1st and 2nd in the WV Bowhunters Hall of Fame.

These find 'em later things just make ya want to hit your head on the wall, don't they? :barnie

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Wow Bee, that's pretty cool! It killed him to know that deer was out there. We saw him again...with the arrow still in him the next morning but we weren't sure where he went.

Guess it just took him a while to bleed out...not really sure what happened, guess we'll never know...but the guys said that the whole rear end (where chad shot him...too far back) was decayed a lot more than the front part so he may have had some kind of infection...don't know.

It's a shame but it happens...you can do all the right things and still have a bad shot. He thinks he hit a branch and the arrow deflected and hit him too far back. Had to shoot through a mess of stuff. It was an iffy shot but he was so nice and his nerves probably got the best of him too, I suspect ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Buck fever....common malady that causes tremors, blurred vision and hyperventilation! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean! :p

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is an awesome rack!! And super cute kiddos!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We are holding on to it so that if we kill one next season we can mount it. We were lucky that the gentleman that found the deer left the skull cap intact. I'm happy for him but I'm not happy for my future taxidermist bill! :lol: