Never sunburn again

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I joined the ranks of thousands who discovered that taking fermented cod liver oil, put an end sunburning.

I spent nearly everyday last summer in full sun,and never burnt.
And I did not use ANY sunscreen, nor did I wear hats or long sleeves.

Not at all normal for me, especially here in Alaska.
The sun is closer to us, so it is far more intense then in the lower 48.

Look for the Blue Ice Label, to ensure you are getting the real deal, without any sneaking advertising.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does it protect against melanomas though? They're a when, not an if in our family. :rolleyes: Dang Viking ancestors.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood said:
Does it protect against melanomas though? They're a when, not an if in our family. :rolleyes: Dang Viking ancestors.
I believe that regular sunscreens make you more succeptible (sp?) to melanomas that not using anything at all.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
From what I have read, it is tha actual burn that causes melanoma--not tanning. I could be wrong though. Not to mention that sunscreens are not without their health risks also.

I have not heard that fermented cod liver oil prevents burning, I have looked at getting the stuff, but I can't get it locally, and am not real fond of ordering off the internet. My family is not really prone to burning--we usually tan, even for being blondes. (except my face--it burns for a bit in the spring)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Very cool! I take a lot of antioxidant supplements and have had the same results. I also eat a LOT of egg yolks from my freeranging hens and drink raw milk from my freeranging goats, and eat almost NO veg oils at all. Maybe a tsp or two per month? Maybe. This will also help balance the Omega ratios if you can't afford to supplement right now.

Where do you get that brand, BBrooks? I'd love to get some for my mom, who can't swallow pills. Is it really fishy?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Many people get melanomas where the sun don't shine. Why do you think this happens?

Maybe because the sun exposure doesn't have jack to do with it.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Many people get melanomas where the sun don't shine. Why do you think this happens?

Maybe because the sun exposure doesn't have jack to do with it.
Exactly!!!

www.greenpasture.org is the manufacturer, and you can also order it from www.drrons.com
The bottle is expensive, but it lasts a full 3 months.
Nasty tasting yes, but well worth it!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough toburn because I walked outside. Then instead of it fading into a nice tan to protect me for the rest of the summer it actually fades lighter than what I was before. My mother (curse her olive skin tone) always said that I bleached out in the sun. And the cycle continues. It actually hasn't been so bad since I moved to Washington. Of course it rains 300 days a year here and I stay inside and have learned the value of long sleeves. I have too many cousins that have had to have things removed not to be vigilint with the sunscreen in the summer for both me and my children. Not to mention my Grandfather's death.

ETA: Finding another/additional way to help would be wonderful. I have one cousin that just had a huge growth on her nose removed (at 30 years old). This was her second one. She's allergic to sunscreens so finding an alternative to help prevent this for her could be life saving. The family mantra seems to be "just go in and get it removed before it reaches your blood stream." You hear it said at least once to someone at a family gathering.