Never sunburn again

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have had issues with the sun in the past, burning excessively, easily. The rash you get reflects that you are actually allergic to the sun.

There is a homeopathic remedy called Sol that helps some people.
http://www.ainsworths.com/site/combination.aspx?ProductName=Sol

take 30c daily for 2 weeks to strenghten your resistance to the sun. It worked for me but it may wear off after a year or two then need repeating.

Since I started using 2 grams of vitamin c a day I no longer have issues. I can still get red but no blisters or pain. Of course I still am careful of the amount of time I spend out there. But vit c has a rep. for helping this problem.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
How does CLO compare to other 'plain' fish oils? Are the benefits that are in fish oil also in CLO?

May I ask how long an eight oz bottle lasts you?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Many people get melanomas where the sun don't shine. Why do you think this happens?

Maybe because the sun exposure doesn't have jack to do with it.
My mother had a melanoma in her armpit in her youth. Luckily they found it and she is an elderly woman now. She would 100 percent agree with this. She always says she never EVER had a sunburn in her armpit and that the "sun never saw" that part of her hardly.
My doctors always felt this was a significant part of my medical history, the fact that my mother had a melanoma. I think it is more heredity.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
How does CLO compare to other 'plain' fish oils? Are the benefits that are in fish oil also in CLO?

May I ask how long an eight oz bottle lasts you?
Fish oils are derived form the flesh of the fish. They are low in D and A, and of course, they are highly heat treated.

An 8 ounce bottle lasts one person 3 months.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm not exactly sure all of what is contained in fish oil, however, it is safe to assume the same benefits PLUS more are in CLO then? I might switch over.

I do not eat ANY fish, aside from tuna on very rare occasions, so I would have to use capsules. I just cannot handle the taste. Usually results in me retching out over a toilet. :sick

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have a patient, 92 yrs old, who has multiple melanomas on her legs....literally hundreds! I can assure you that those legs haven't often seen the sun. Her daughter also has melanoma, her son has huge melanomas on his lips, her mother had melanoma.

Genetics play a large part in cancer, as well as immune system health. The sun alone cannot cause melanoma.

We don't use sunscreens here either and haven't for many a year. We expose to the sun in increments in the spring until we have a good and golden glow and this seems to protect from most burning.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Genetics loads the gun. DIET pulls the trigger.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tried the coconut oil as a sunscreen yesterday and it did not work - I didn't think it would, but figured it wouldn't hurt. My arms are covered in this itchy sun rash, which didn't show up until a couple hours after I came inside. The tiny blisters are going away but it itches like mad now. It could be a very long summer.