New chapter for SS - Suggestions welcome!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Maybe a simple living in small spaces section? An emphasis on doing what you can to make small steps towards being self sufficient/living better? It could discuss indoor gardening, buying from local farmers, etc. Things anyone can do, even in the city!
This.yes.
Like what you can do to live not only frugally, but healthily.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is very daunting to try to live healthy without spending a fortune. This is something I feel very strongly that people need help to learn how to do. It would be a great resource for those unsure of where to start!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Maybe a simple living in small spaces section? An emphasis on doing what you can to make small steps towards being self sufficient/living better? It could discuss indoor gardening, buying from local farmers, etc. Things anyone can do, even in the city!
I like this idea too. A lot of people, myself included, do not have space to do more than grow a few things and keep a few hens for eggs along with whatever can be done in the kitchen. With the majority of people living in urban areas, small steps and small scale ideas and discussions would be great :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know one thing I've come across on other forums was the mindset that if you lived in an apartment and only had a container garden, you weren't a "real" homesteader. (That was a forum I left.) I like that this forum is for all, no matter how big or small your efforts.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Denim Deb, me too. As I said above, a lot of people simply can't do this homesteading thing on a large scale, but they can do small things and it's amazing how much you can do in small spaces too. It would be lovely to open the possibilities there and hear and see what people get up to.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah it could be. I hope we have some new sections soon to alleviate some of that so that everyone feels more at home and comfortable posting. We have a TON of lurkers.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm working on the forum layout and you all's suggestions :) I'm trying to see how we can rearrange the existing sections and add some more from your suggestions. Watch this space…

Latest posts