New Ducks

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Pretty! I didn't know ducks came in such pretty browns and buffs. I wonder if I would like duck? Never had it.

The idea of them swimming in everyone's water buckets keeps me from getting any duck or goose eggs to stick under the next broody....but those pictures sure make it tempting! Stop it, young man, this instant! :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MERLE!! BUFF DUCKS!!

:weee

I love my buff ducks! Mine are smaller, and not even a year old yet but they are so CUTE and full of so much character!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
TLTL, did you ever get my PM a while back?

Monique, we've had the Muscovie's in the barn before, as long as the buckets aren't small they don't seem to get in and cause too much damage. I love having them in the barn because they are great fly control.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
TLTL, did you ever get my PM a while back?

Monique, we've had the Muscovie's in the barn before, as long as the buckets aren't small they don't seem to get in and cause too much damage. I love having them in the barn because they are great fly control.
Replied! Sorry about that.

Ducks eat flies? Honest? If that's true, I want some!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Muscovies are high on my want list
If you want them get them NOW. It is about to become illegal to raise them but you can be grandfathered in for an existing flock.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah the fuss about all that kinda worried me. I'm just going to have to count on getting them illegally next year. We're about to move in the fall, and we don't know where yet. No new animals for the present moment :/

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Read that law. It outlaws dumping them in parks and wild places, and it outlaws buying/selling/exchanging them for PET purposes.
They will still be allowed to be raised for MEAT though. They were getting to be an invasive species in some areas.

I don't think this law is the best solution- but that is quite a loophole, if you want one. Just remember to name them after foods, so it looks less suspicious.