New England

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in Southern-Central-Eastern Vermont, in the Connecticut River valley. :p Hi Vermonters and the rest of New England! (Hey Ticks, I love Nantucket Nectars too, especially the lemonade/iced tea half and half!)

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
Hi Ticks and everybody! I finally wandered over here from BYC...it was inescapable destiny! :D (and I'm glad I did)...I'm from central Vermont, below Rutland, nestled between two mountain ranges and 30 kinds of weather, most involving precipitation...

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi ChickaD. I live about 90 miles north of you in the Champlain Islands. I know what you mean by 30 different types of weather. Welcome to SS!
:frow

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lake Champlain is beautiful!!

********VT---I have been meaning to ask you.....I saw a tv show on Champ...the local Loc Ness Monster in your lake. What do ya think and have ya seen it???
LOL
just curious...I love this type of thing, old folklore? Just draws me in big time!

We went on a week long fishing trip to Lake Champlain...WONDERFUL area but didn't see no monsters, darn it.....just wondering?

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
OK, all you Vermonters! We have a tantalizing question here about Champ? Real or imagined?

Personally, it intrigues me greatly, tho I've never seen it (her? him? them???). Lake Champlain is so deep, so cold in the depths, and relatively undisturbed, I think it's possible. There have been so many alleged sightings over the years, it makes you think.

Whatcha think, everybody? (should we start another thread for this, or is it too narrow a topic?)

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The only Champ (our own Lake Champlain lake monster) I have seen is the mascot for our states triple A baseball team. My husband says he will believe Champ exists when Champ pulls up along side our boat! If this ever happened, I think I would have to pay extra attention to some of my husbands whites (if you know what I mean) the next time I washed!

When I was a teenager, I would sit on my family's beach. In the spring and fall there would be few, if any, boats on the lake but there would still be a wake some times that would start out in the middle of the lake. The lake is only a few miles wide where we live so I would have seen a boat if there were one. My parents would say that the sturgeon that are in the lake caused these wakes. You can't prove that by me, I have never seen a sturgeon that has been taken from the lake either.

All I know is I do not swim in the lake. Sturgeon or Champ, I dont want either nibbleing at my toes! LOL :lol:

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
My husband says he will believe Champ exists when Champ pulls up along side our boat! If this ever happened, I think I would have to pay extra attention to some of my husbands whites (if you know what I mean) the next time I washed!
:gig It all Depends! :gig

I guess the closest thing to Champ we've seen so far is an ominous 5" long bloodsucker (leech) in a pond, which made me glad I was not swimming there! :ep