New England

sslawlor

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I real Southern New Englander here...(Please dont shoot!) Long Island, NY. At least on some maps we are in the New England zone here...
Actually I am on the very Eastern End of the Island near Orient Point NY. 14 miles across the water by Ferry to New London CT. Can't get much closer. Sometimes this subject has resonence of the Mason Dixon Line!. :hide
Im also BYC...mylulusmom.
Sue

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
sslawlor said:
I real Southern New Englander here...(Please dont shoot!) Long Island, NY. At least on some maps we are in the New England zone here...
Actually I am on the very Eastern End of the Island near Orient Point NY. 14 miles across the water by Ferry to New London CT. Can't get much closer. Sometimes this subject has resonence of the Mason Dixon Line!. :hide
Im also BYC...mylulusmom.
Sue
:lol: you're closer to New London than I am!
Welcome!

card5640

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello fellow New Englanders, I am from Orono Maine, was from southern Maine but figured out where the real Maine was!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I guess Orono qualifies as being part of Maine...or is it "the other Maine?" Isn't Bangor the dividing line? :lol: I lived in the St. John Valley for 17 years. If that isn't Maine, I don't know what is! I'm still thawing out! :p

card5640

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Orono is almost the other part of Maine, but 5 miles North it really is. So you lived in the Saint John Valley? Me too I graduated from UMFK, my son graduated from the Maine Schol of Science and Math and will go to UMFK in the fall. I am actually traveling there next Tuesday for business. My husband is from Houlton.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Houlton is the real cold spot, according to the weather reports! And a hundred miles south of Madawaska and Fort Kent, where I lived!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Houlton is the real cold spot, according to the weather reports! And a hundred miles south of Madawaska and Fort Kent, where I lived!
That's funny, I grew up not far from where you lived :)

Just north of Grand Falls, New Brunswick... we used to drive all the way across the border to Houlton to get McDonalds... though now I have no idea why that was so cool.