New Hampshire here

ThisIsFun

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
What, no NHites on this site? Wow. I'm here to register half my household. The other half here is anti-frugal. And that only means I need to be twice as frugal. Ha.

Waving hello from our (mostly treed) 10 acres here, mostly "hydric soils" and lots of granite so after a failed garden a few years back I'm hoping to do raised (cedar) beds this summer (Square Foot Gardening). 9 hens/1 rooster, hope to start beehiving soon too. Anxious to hear what my frugal brothers and sisters have to say here, and saw this site mentioned on BYC. I've had the Tightwad Gazette in my library for years now, so this place already feels like a second home.

:lol:

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Howdy from Southern Maine and :welcome

I have black australorp chickens, goats, 2 dogs, and a garden that one year will actually grow something except bush beans.

bob

ViciousFishes

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hia Fun,

I'm near the seacoast and just getting started so mostly lurk. I have four chickens and did a dozen 5 gallon containers for my foray into gardening last year. This year I'm going to try in-ground gardening and some aquaculture.

Thankfully my bride is as frugal as me finance wise. Though she kinda rolls her eyes at the self sufficient thing. Good luck with your journey!

Tom

Sassafras

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
A newer NH member here. I have been gardening for a couple years. I am now trying to grow fruit (apples and grapes). I am also trying corn for the first time since I have the space. I have 12 chickens currently. Love being frugal!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome newbies, from Kansas!

Being self sufficient is fun! We all have different levels of that here.

Some times it's hard when the other one doesn't want to get on board. I'm getting used to getting 'the look'. :D

Latest posts