new here from Pa

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I thought I would come over here and check things out,you may know me from over at the byc. I noticed there are a lot of fokes here from over there.

I am from Pa currently in Summer Hill just out side of Berwick in Columbia County, but I am getting read to move next summer with my family back to my homestead in Jonestown Pa. Which of course this means starting all over. There currently is nothing there but a 20 acres of patchy timbered woodland, a cleared 3 acres for our house barn ect. and a perk test. This is in a way good I guess because we get to do it all our way, and set the farm up to what will be best for us. But on the other hand it is very scary.

Anyway we have horses, goats ( currently LaManchas, Numians, a togginburg and a Spanish) Chickens, guineas, call ducks, Peacocks, of course dogs and cats.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome, Nightshade! :welcome I was just up in your country this past weekend, attending the farm show. Cool event and the boys loved it.

Sounds like you will be having some fun developing your property! What are your plans for the place? :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
:welcome Yep, I'm envious, too. I would love to have more than our 7 acres.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey, Im over here too. Sorry to see you go in a few months but hope it works out well for you.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

I grew up in Williamsport and now live south of Harrisburg.