New here!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello, I am a member on both backyard chickens and backyard herds, so I am familiar with the format here, hope to get to know y’all soon! Btw posting this while enjoying some delicious fried squirrel (sorry for those who do not believe in killing animals)
Good Morning from Grandmas Porch & BYC Grandmas Coop

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning from Central Virginia!!! :woot:welcome
This is also a good place just like BYH & BYC. Another sister site to get involved with is TheEasyGarden.com.
There's always plenty of conversations and COFFEE (but I think there is others who drink tea too) so don't feel left out. If you don't drink coffee or tea I'm pretty sure all of us can rustle you up your favorite morning drink. Don't be afraid to get involved with discussions or state your opinion on a discussion seeing how EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE AND OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS NO MATTER IF WE AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE NEXT MEMBER. Also don't be afraid to ask questions seeing how there's plenty of experienced members who are more than willing to share their knowledge and help us youngsters become more self sufficient.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had one of those wake up for several hours in the middle of the night. Woke up at 7. Rainy and cold, made coffee, suited up, went outside and did chores. My horse Reina, has an eye infection from trauma, meaning she banged her face on who knows what. She is on eye drops 3 times a day, 6 times is better. So I’ve timed them every 2 hours, from 7AM to 5 PM. After her last one, wait 15 minutes and she gets a single nighttime eyedrop. Bute twice a day for pain. Have a follow up appointment next Monday. Worst case scenario is she loses the eye, but we’ll go down fighting to save it. Going for my second cup of coffee.