New member from Northern Minnesota!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I am just now joining and I can't believe it. I have referred here in the past as I was researching things for a homestead and just kept going. Now we are a bit closer to being more self sufficient with goats, their milk and making cheese and candies from it, making our own bread, jumping into chickens for their eggs and meat and starting our first garden.

I live on Blazing Acres where we raise ADGA registered Nubians, with a Snubian and alpine in the mix ;) We have purchased our first Icelandic chicks along with some random others for variety and color to determine which ones we like best to move forward with more of possibly in the future and we have about a 20x40 ft garden we home to plant this year! I had raised rabbits for many years prior to goats but have since sold them all. I draw portraits of people and pets as well as objects for people and produce architectural drawings for a living.

Nice to be here and hope to learn more and share what I have to offer!
20170528_201436.jpg
20170528_231757.jpg
PicsArt_10-18-10.49.40.jpg
2015-10-04 05.46.26 1.jpg
20170429_104905.jpg
IMG_20170425_211034_955.jpg
IMG_20170512_192327_222.jpg
IMG_20170512_193604_470.jpg

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy from Arkansas. I have some family in Winthrop, Mn. We visited a few years ago. We took a day trip to Mall of America. It was a fun visit. I'm jealous, my only kids are the 2-legged species! You are quite the artist. I love goat cheese and goat soap.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy from Arkansas. I have some family in Winthrop, Mn. We visited a few years ago. We took a day trip to Mall of America. It was a fun visit. I'm jealous, my only kids are the 2-legged species! You are quite the artist. I love goat cheese and goat soap.
Nice to "meet" ya!
We are about 4 hours from moa but I use to live down there. Not my favorite but it wasn't bad either. :)

We don't have any humans of our own yet but hope to in the next few years. People didn't appreciate my mom telling them we were expecting our first kid any day when our little guy ralphie (first baby born on the farm this year) was due haha! I thought it was genious.

The cheese has been so yummy and great feedback. I haven't made soap but that is another thing i plan to! And lotions.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Howdy! from north-central WI!

I'm am artist but no I suck at selling artwork. Too much perfectionism. I'm working on a set for DH's vet clinic. 1 done and I'm anxiety-stuck and haven't worked on it since. :barnie If I could just get my &%*# together, I could probably make some serious money at it.

How did you get into architectural drawing? Did you go to school? Was it tough to find a job?

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy! from north-central WI!

I'm am artist but no I suck at selling artwork. Too much perfectionism. I'm working on a set for DH's vet clinic. 1 done and I'm anxiety-stuck and haven't worked on it since. :barnie If I could just get my &%*# together, I could probably make some serious money at it.

How did you get into architectural drawing? Did you go to school? Was it tough to find a job?
I used to be that way and i had to learn to let it go. I still can't take a compliment fully correctly :hide i appreciate the compliments but i see all the things i could have done differently....

As for the architectural drafting, i went to school for it and work 1.5 hours from home Monday through Friday so it is difficult in my area but not that difficult. I just have to travel. :barnie

Some of what i do on the computer
FergusonK.JPG
MADE DAT.JPG
coop2017plan.JPG
house111.JPG
1.JPG
3D.JPG
SV1.JPG