New Season Of Doomsday Preppers Tonight on Nationial Geographic

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Season 2 of DoomsDay Preppes comes on toinght on Nationial Geographic Channel.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I watched it last year, it seemed pretty neat. Maybe extreme in some cases.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm interested in the items some of these people prep. They give me some good ideas.

MarylandFutureFarmGuy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
they're crazy. Do you notice how at the end of each little segment they state how such a scenario is virtually impossible? I mean, some kid was prepping gas masks for financial collapse, I mean comeon...Another family for small pox. Small pox exists in two places, both secure, and there is enough vaccine in the USA to vaccinate everyone, most likely within a few weeks.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, some of them seem a little crazy but I watched last season and I never knew that you can buy an antibiotic for fish and use it. Could come in handy.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For those who think these folks are a bit off their rockers please do some searching on your own and read some of the interviews some of the first season folks did. Not all is as it seems in lala land.. just when you thought you could trust NatGeo. :(
many are just preparing for nomal things that could go wrong but it wasn't "doomsday-y" enuf so they asked them to change their statement on why they prep. but then again.. a few of them do seem a bit over the top.. ;)
And I really would like to know who their "prepper profesionals" are that make the end decisions.. ;)
A couple of the people who were on the show are members of another forum I am a member of and came on and discussed some of the "filming" at length. Can't say I am overly impressed with natgeo.. :(
Makes all their other forays into other cultures suspect..

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How true Emerald, sounds like NatGeo wants better ratings.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think Doomsday Preppers is their highest rating show.

I have to admit that I went from "that is just stupid" to "hey, I didn't know that" in just one episode.

MichiganSnowPony (youtube) said that they contacted her. She declined, later saying that they show the worst of what people do. But like you said, it's ratings.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I think Doomsday Preppers is their highest rating show.

I have to admit that I went from "that is just stupid" to "hey, I didn't know that" in just one episode.

MichiganSnowPony (youtube) said that they contacted her. She declined, later saying that they show the worst of what people do. But like you said, it's ratings.
I really like MichiganSnowPony. I've learned quite a bit from her videos, and she has such a great sense of humor! After watching her video on the vacuum milker, I decided to get one :) Plus, I can so relate to her 'family issues' :lol:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh isn't that the truth, the 'family issues'.

It is amazing how the 'well meaning' loved ones think we're going to poison them with fresh eggs or homemade yogurt. :lol: