New to the forum, my projects!

MiracleWik

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wifezilla, an Ex-Cheesehead! Glad to see I have company!

Henrietta, I saw those planners, I'll have to print one off. Great ideas!

CrimsonRose, I've been tanning my hides the mother earth way (power keeps going out from the storm, so can't dwell and find it now) with salt and battery acid. I find the hair tends to slip a bit more, and it doesn't have a 'natural' scent. It would be wonderful for wall hangings or things that aren't handled, but I wouldn't make a blanket out of it. It is very easy to do, I put it in a five gallon bucket and stir a few times a day, peel on the third, and remove a few at a time a week later to stretch to avoid hand fatigue. The fibers turn white when properly stretched, then I cut off all the edges since they weren't stretched well and the peeling is often incomplete. Mink oil (from the shoe section of the store) makes a good rub when finished and tends to smell good. I don't salt mine, just wash them and roll to freeze.

Icu4dzs, Thank you for the comment, I've been in the military for 5ish years, and I've only been in the US for about 9 months total, including boot camp and A school. While I don't mind being sent overseas while my children are young, I can see the pain from those leaving home the first time, or those with older children when they leave.
I'm an HM, 0000, never made it to FMSS as a female as those spots tend to fill up fast. I would have LOVED to be a derm tech, I want to be a Dermatologist when I get out.

I hope to see the husband in muck boots! He's a wonderful husband and really tries! I'm sorry for the few and far between posts, we've been preparing for Irene, and our roof and fence are damaged now and the storm isn't even here yet. Wish us luck on the East Coast!

-Ashley

Latest posts