New use for plastic bags

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Instead of croched, could these strips be braided together? I haven't a clue how to knit or croche, nor do I have the desire to learn (sorry, not my thing) but I can braid and weave a bit......

*starts thinking about totes and braids...lol*

Better Half

Power Conserver
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
Instead of croched, could these strips be braided together? I haven't a clue how to knit or croche, nor do I have the desire to learn (sorry, not my thing) but I can braid and weave a bit......

*starts thinking about totes and braids...lol*
I don't see why not.

The woman who made the first bag sent me photos of others she made out of store bags. She's very talented.

purpletote2.jpg

plasticbags.jpg

greenrootsmama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, now this is exciting. I'm always looking for new ideas for ways to reuse my garbage. We homeschool so we always need a place to stash things. I love the colors of these bags. Can you dye the plastic or do you have to find plastic that's already the color you want? All of our bags are boring white with red print.

Better Half

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think a white bag with red print would look nice. The 1st bag shown was made from tan bags with black print. It looks quite different in the finished product.

Nikki28

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow what a great idea! I am really bad about just throwing those bags away it's a bad habit of mine, I'll have to start saving them now.

I am currently knitting a bath mat made from strips of old torn blankets that someone was going to throw out.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That is a cool idea and a cool site. I was going to make bags out of cotton yarn for christmas presents etc, but I'd have to buy that yarn. Now I'll be able to make them at no cost to myself and recycling an obnoxios trash item besides. How cool is that!!!:weee

Latest posts