Newb here!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hello :frow Great to have you here! Please tell us a bit about yourself?

YoteMeadows

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sure! My family and I have a small bit of land with horses, chickens/ducks. We plan on expanding our garden plots by a thousand this coming spring (not really a thousand...but a lot lol). I home educate our kiddos and like to do as much from scratch as I can. We are wanting to be able to be self-sufficient and make sure our kids know what to do in any situation.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from (frozen) NH! I am a home schooler also, looking forward to hearing more from you!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sure! My family and I have a small bit of land with horses, chickens/ducks. We plan on expanding our garden plots by a thousand this coming spring (not really a thousand...but a lot lol). I home educate our kiddos and like to do as much from scratch as I can. We are wanting to be able to be self-sufficient and make sure our kids know what to do in any situation.
That is a wonderful way to raise kids! I feel privileged in that I've been able to show my son how we grow vegetables, raise chickens, butcher animals etc. So many people nowadays don't know where their food is coming from any more. We have a wonderful discussion on spring garden planting going on over here, if you'd like to come join us:

https://www.sufficientself.com/threads/december-dreaming.15460/

Be warned though, we are terrible enablers, absolutely terrible! ;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hi from snowy WI! My kids are ages 10 and 2. Former homeschooler, maybe will try again with DS2 when he's older? Never know!

We really are terrible enablers! When I joined this forum I was just a single mom daydreaming in a city. .... Now I'm on an 80 acre farm, 1/5 acre garden, raise sheep, chickens, and have goat pasture pets (this forum is 100% to blame for the goats! :love ). We're a very bad influence. :gig. ;):cool:

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

You've come to the right place! I'm new to this journey myself, and am taking it slow, also raising a toddler on the farm life :)