Newbie currently living in Alaska

Coddiwomple

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello all, I stumbled onto this forum when researching permaculture. Found some interesting threads. I have traveled a lot with my career, many times in various countries where I had to rely on my own abilities, but also learned local ways of being self-reliant. I'm currently in Alaska, although likely moving again next year. No matter where I go, I always have a veggie garden patch. If I'm forced to live in an apartment, I'll still grow veggies in pots and containers. I process natural fibers from start to finished wearable product. I have a smattering of other abilities, but am eager to learn from others and establish community ties. Coddiwomple is an old English word that means to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination. It describes my life to a T. Coddi

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome! I'd love to hear what you can share and teach us!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! Glad to have you here, we learn a lot from each other and have a lot of fun. We also like pictures, so feel free to post lots of pictures! LOL

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow. Sounds like we could learn some things from you as well. Welcome aboard

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coddiwomple is an old English word that means to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination. It describes my life to a T. Coddi

My son and I were just discussing that great word "coddiwomple" about a week ago. When I read your intro to my husband and said "It describes my life to a T." My husband responded "Yes it does." Lol, meaning MY life, not yours. :lol:

Welcome, fellow travelor! :D One of my son's goals is to eventually own his own sheep or alpaca so he'll be able to make his own things from start to finish. He's another coddiwompler. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:welcome Don't know that we ever had anyone from Alaska before, so this will be a treat! Would love to hear about your place and your lifestyle up there...my son dreams of moving there.

Latest posts