Newbie from Kentucky

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome! :frow

I have been a struggling gardener for years!

I keep trying because, despite my set backs (I am a problem magnet! ), I learn at least one new thing with each garden I plant.

I am presently looking into a solar batch heater for my house, as a starting point. Won't save me any electricity (w/h is gas), but it seems like a good learning project, to get me started in the right direction!

:welcome

MamiPollo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Welcoming group! Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

I've been poking around, reading old posts. This place is great! I've been looking for a forum like this for quite a while. Can't believe I haven't found you before now!

I read one thread where someone said that everyone here is quirky. Oh boy! That describes me, for sure. I ought to fit right in. Just ask my neighbors! :lol:

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from a northern neighbour.
We visit Louisville a few times a year. Have you been to their Habitat Restore?

MamiPollo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No, I haven't visited the Habitat Restore, but it is on my list of things to do. It sounds very interesting.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You are quirky? Kewl......you will fit right in. :welcome

I'm from WA state and we had a terrible year for gardening this year. I did well with the potatoes and pumpkins however.

MamiPollo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! I am enjoying this forum and already learning a lot!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
So what sort of fall projects are you working on? Is your garden still going or mostly done for the year?

TrixR4kids

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm in Kentucky, too! :frow

Just moved here about a month ago. We are new to gardening, having planted our first veggie crop this past season while living in Virginia. That was awesome!

We have chickens for eggs and meat and will be getting some sheep for meat and breeding.

We are working on putting together our own free-energy generator so we can, among other things, have a year-round greenhouse.

I'm amazed at the accomplishments of the members here, and I intend to learn a lot here!

:)