Newbie from NC

Country Homebody

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll for the warm welcome.

Dawn, I'm so glad I'm not the only one baby stepping. :) I'm ready to get things moving.

TanksHill, I was just telling Dh about a video on composting I wanted him to see. I'll be posting soon on needing good info on seeds and such.

FarmerChick, glad to meet a fellow Carolinian.

Glad to meet you all!

Blessings

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Where ever you plan to put that garden next year... Start dumping compost and manure. Then by spring it will have broken down and be ready to go
THAT!

I have ducks (and I live in the burbs(, so when I do the big pre-winter pen clean out, all the poopy straw goes on the garden beds. By spring it is nice and broke down and ready for planting. Without your own animals, you can check craigslist. Some places give away aged compost or sell it for a small fee. Bunny poop is one I see advertised often and it is great for gardens.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome from ~gd (me) Sanford NC. Is it too early to ask what kind of business you want to start?

Country Homebody

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey i_am2bz, nice to know you.

Wifezilla, your username cracks me up! LOL!:D Thanks for the info. I'm going to start a notebook and keep track of all I learn and need to do.

~gd-I will pm.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Country Homebody said:
Dawn, I'm so glad I'm not the only one baby stepping. :) I'm ready to get things moving.
Doc and I are feeling the same way! We've been living in a 22' camper for almost 2 years and hoping to get working on our cabin shortly. It'll be a small one but will feel like a mansion to us! :cool:

Country Homebody

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The cabin sounds like it would be so nice and homey. It's exciting that you'll soon be working toward goal. I can see where it would seem like a mansion. :) At least when you get in your cabin, you'll know a lot about making the most of your space. :D

tarheel

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi NC, I was born in Asheville, and even though I'm now in the NM desert, NC is still home. Good Luck with your plans. Lynn