akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wally had a hard day.šŸ¤£
IMG_20240401_235308.jpg

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like you're set up, greenhouse & all šŸ„°. Yeah, greenhouse envy here. Would love a decent sized walk in but, I bought a cheap (on sale) zip up. Just wanted it to start plants. Room for more of them than the cold frame. Will assemble it in a couple weeks.

We love pictures.šŸ˜
I purchased a 9'8"Ɨ6'5" Ɨ6'5" on Walmart for under 100 dollars. I also found 2 small ones at Tractor supply for the 2 of them I paid 50 dollars. End of the season sale. My husband bought me a water bath canner for Christmas and a dehydrater for my birthday. Now I just need to get a pressure cooker/canner.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:welcome from the western side of Va. Love potato plants... they just always look so "promising"....
Sounds like you are going to be well set up for gardening this year.

I have had a couple of the lighter weight greenhouses, and liked them... but the last one got demolished with the winds we have here on this ridge. Granted the winds were exceptionally gusty... but the frame was a joke. Going to get a "hard walled" polycarbonate one next... I am thinking about making the deck off the kitchen into a greehouse/sunroom type thing... I never use the deck...

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome from the western side of Va. Love potato plants... they just always look so "promising"....
Sounds like you are going to be well set up for gardening this year.

I have had a couple of the lighter weight greenhouses, and liked them... but the last one got demolished with the winds we have here on this ridge. Granted the winds were exceptionally gusty... but the frame was a joke. Going to get a "hard walled" polycarbonate one next... I am thinking about making the deck off the kitchen into a greehouse/sunroom type thing... I never use the deck...
I would love to be able to walk out the back door straight into my green house but I am just happy having an advantage to get gardening earlier.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The weather man lied. We got 5ā€. My car is at the neighbors house. I canā€™t even drive home. But I can take the Kawasaki mule to their house, get in my care and carefully drive to the paved road. Sunshine today, we sure need it.