akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is a recent picture of Wally. His ears make him so stinking cute.
IMG_20240221_225312.jpg

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today I gave my youngest granddaughter some vegetable seeds to plant. She got really excited about planting her own garden. I told her as long as she takes good care of it she will be able to pick her own veggies from her own garden. I started cleaning my hen den. After I get it done I will get my husbands studio cleaned. Then I will get the house organized and all the other stuff done.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The wet mash is a good way to get more eggs in the cold winter... mix it with hot water, don't make too much, and they will clean it up and it helps to get more water into their system and is warm in the crop on top of it... Did it all the time up north with my purebred show birds to get them to lay better in the cold winter temps...

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today while I was doing dishes my husband came in and said do you need something to do and also help your chickens come outside. I went out and started digging up worms. Then I dug up a board and found termites so I decided to get Darlin and Little One out. They were just looking like what now. I told them dig it, come on and dig it. They started digging and ate so many bugs. Wally kept insisting on inspecting them but when I was trying to take them closer to the greenhouse he stirred up fear with Little One so the day was over.

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not much today in the garden but I went out and looked it over. Went in the greenhouse and pulled some of the crabgrass out. Pulled up some of the carrots bc they were so close together that they weren't growing. Got some okay sized ones. Good enough for feeding the rabbits or making a soup/stew. Today is my lazy day.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like you're set up, greenhouse & all 🥰. Yeah, greenhouse envy here. Would love a decent sized walk in but, I bought a cheap (on sale) zip up. Just wanted it to start plants. Room for more of them than the cold frame. Will assemble it in a couple weeks.

We love pictures.😁