NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
0615171647b.jpg
Didn't get very good pics today, will try to get more tomorrow, but got my little man today. He's 9 weeks old and 28 lbs I believe. He has all the ladies interested, we haven't had a buck on our property so he's rather fascinating! Fell in love with a 50/50 mini alpine buckling she had but he's related to my girls, darn!

My daughter named him Clifford. He lied down and rested on the entire hour plus ride home, only cried twice. Good start! He's in with my wether now, I didn't have the heart to quarantine him and I got half my goats from the same farm as him so... He's fine.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, solid black! He's so cute and fluffy! He was so mad at the breeder because she manhandled him to tattoo him and trim his hooves, plus he had a horn bud infection so she had to put meds on it every day... So he's much better with me than he was with her, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I will have to give him shots and I'm pretty sure he is going to be mad at me! Lol

Also going to need to get more cattle panels for when rut hits... This welded wire nonsense is going to have to end. Sigh.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is happy this morning, he and my wether are getting along well so far. He ate his grain out of DD's and my hands. Of course it's raining so he hasn't been able to explore much yet!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Clifford finally will let me pet him without acting like I'm trying to grab him. I cannot get a decent picture of him though, he never stands still! I'll keep trying though!

Supposed to have storms and up to 2 inches of rain tomorrow. Hope it doesn't damage any of my young plants.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Silly goat, lol! Ugh on the rain.... I feel your pain. We've been dry for a while...and I don't have to wear boots. At least it's drying up between torrential down pours.

Latest posts